Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
George Arthur Bartlett (1869-1951) was a Nevada lawyer; District Attorney of Eureka County, 1898-1900; District Court Judge of Reno, 1918 and 1921-1930; U.S. Representative from Nevada, 1906-1910; and author of the book Men, Women, and Conflict, 1931, which was revised and reissued in 1947 as Is Marriage Necessary? Bartlett's obituaries claimed he granted more than 20,000 divorces, earning him the sobriquet of "the...
- Repository: University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department
- Subject: Judges -- Nevada
- Subject: Nevada -- Politics and government
- Subject: Divorce -- Nevada
- Names: Bartlett, George A. (George Arthur)