Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Linda P. Newman was a student at the University of Nevada, Reno, and later served as the Univrersity Library mines librarian. The collection contains a history of the state's public libraries, including their beginnings in bookstores, churches, and civic organizations; and collected histories of public libraries still in existence in 1969.
Martha Gould is the former director of Washoe County Library System, presidential appointee to the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science (NCLIS), and an active member of the northern Nevada Community. The collection contains materials that span Martha's career from her first library job in New York City through her retirement, appointment to the NCLIS, and her work with a variety of non-library related organizations in northern Nevada.
Discussion of the membership and organization of the Miners' Union, formation of the library, the number and types of books in the collection, and its dispersal (part of which is now in the Special Collections Dept.).,Appendices include a list of libraries, book stores, and newspapers in Virginia City in the 1870s; a list of the library volumes at the Eilley Orrum Gift Shop in Virginia City in 1959; and a bibliography.
The Nevada Library Association is the state professional organization for librarians in Nevada. Begun in 1946, the organization functions mainly to provide networking, training, and educational opportunities for librarians in the state. Collection contains mostly 20th century records of the Nevada Library Association and includes minutes and other documentary files.
The Round Mountain Library was a public library at Round Mountain, Nye County, Nevada, established in 1969. Included are minutes of organizational meetings of the Friends of the Round Mountain Library, bylaws of the Friends, membership list, grant application, and newspaper clippings (1969-1983).
Correspondence, meeting notices, minutes, notes, printed material from the Sierra Libraries Information Consortium in Nevada and California. Material from 1976-1979.
- Libraries -- Nevada 5
- Libraries -- California 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Nevada 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Libraries -- Nevada -- Nye County 1
- Libraries -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Lithographs 1
- Mine drainage 1
- Mining engineering -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Oatman (Ariz.) 1
- Old Oatman, Arizona 1
- Photographs 1
- Round Mountain (Nev.) 1
- School libraries -- Arizona 1
- School libraries -- Nevada 1
- String of lights 1
- Sutro Tunnel (Nev.) 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1
- Women -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Nevada Library Association 2
- Ames, Pelham W. (Pelham Warren), 1839- 1
- Breen, Martha, 1954- 1
- Central Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Decker, Clarabelle Douglas 1
- Friends of the Round Mountain Library 1
- Gould, Martha B. 1
- McCalmont Brothers & Co 1
- Merritt, Emma Sutro 1
- Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Mighels, Ella Sterling, 1853-1934 1
- Newman, Linda P. 1
- Round Mountain Public Library 1
- Sierra Libraries Information Consortium 1
- Sutro Tunnel Company 1
- Sutro, Adolph, 1830-1898 1
- United States. National Commission on Libraries and Information Science 1
- Virginia Miners Union 1
- Washoe County Library System 1 ∧ less