Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Jim Bryant began this collection because of an interest he had in the Fernley and Lassen Railroad, a branch of the Southern Pacific Railroad which ran from Fernley, Nevada, to the vicinity of Susanville, Lassen County, California. This research brought to his attention the lumber industry of northern California which was inextricably tied to the railroad. Included are company and governmental records (partial), newspaper clippings, maps, photos, and research notes on logging and railroad...
Abstract Central Pacific Railroad was a railroad company which originated in Sacramento and ran east through Nevada. Contains form letters to William Sharon, H. M. Yerington, and Tritle informing them they could obtain a deed for patented land from the Land Agent of the Central Pacific Railroad, March 15, 1877. Also included are a tonnage ledger for lumber hauled, undated, and blank meteorological forms, 1870s.
Abstract Nevada Flume Company operated in western Nevada and supplied wood to the Virginia and Truckee Railroad and to the Comstock mining region; possibly a subsidiary of that railroad company. Includes maps, deeds, agreements, receipts for wood, and accounts of wood, chiefly dealing with a wood drive to Empire and Dayton, Nevada, in 1876. Most of the documents were signed by H. M. Yerington. The participating companies were Nevada Flume Company, El Dorado Flume Company, Virginia and Truckee Railroad...
- Yerington, Henry M. 2
- Bryant, Jim (Local historian) 1
- Central Pacific Railroad Company 1
- El Dorado Flume Company 1
- Fernley and Lassen Railway Company 1
- Fruit Growers Supply Company 1
- Hart, Red (John) 1
- Lassen Lumber and Box Company 1
- Nevada Flume Company 1
- Red River Lumber Company 1
- Sharon, William, 1821-1885 1
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Stadtmuller and Company 1
- Virginia & Truckee Railroad 1
- Walker, T. B. (Thomas Barlow) 1
- Western Timber Treating Company 1 ∧ less