Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Letterpress copy book of weekly reports of activities submitted by mine superintendent Whitman Symmes. Reports give number of men employed by occupation, cost of wages, and a descriptive summary of work.
The Savage Mine was owned by the Savage Mining Company and located in Virginia City, Nevada, one of the mines of the Comstock Lode. The collection contains three payment receipts for work completed on the mine in 1874 and 1876.
Part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, the 800 foot Savage Mine was staked in 1859 by A. O. and L. C. Savage and others. Contains records of mining operations, including annual reports, 1871-1874 and 1901-1917; assessment of shares, 1877-1882; records of bullion shipped to San Francisco, 1868; and account books, 1883-1884 and 1915-1920.
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 2
- Account books 1
- Alta Mine (Nev.) 1
- Annual reports 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- Mines and mining 1
- Lady Washington Mine (Nev.) 1
- Middle Mines (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Best and Belcher Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Birdsall Mining Company 1
- Brunswick Exploration Company 1
- Bullion Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Caledonia Tunnel Company 1