Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Jay Arnold Carpenter (1883-1965) was a Nevada professor of mining engineering; chair of the Department of Mackay School of Mines, 1926-1951; director of the Nevada State Bureau of Mines, 1939-1951; consultant, Metal Research Company, 1942-1944; and member of the Nevada State Planning Board, 1940-1951. The collection contains research material on Nevada mines (metals of all types) and mining companies, including the Comstock Lode; engineering field notebooks, correspondence, maps, class notes...
- Repository: University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department
- Subject: Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada
- Subject: Gold mines and mining -- Nevada
- Subject: Copper mines and mining -- Nevada
- Names: Carpenter, Jay A., 1883-1965