Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
William Beegan was a Nevada miner, formerly of Forest Hill, California. Beegan writes from Virginia City, Nevada Territory, to merchants Hardy & Kennedy of Forest Hill, California, saying he will send payment in the future. He also writes that business in Virginia City, Nevada, is improving but that cash is in short supply.
Title papers to the Bowers and Rogers Lead, also known as Bowers Rogers, and Webb. Each lists buyer (usually C. N. Felton) and seller and describes location of claim.
The Carson City Savings Bank was founded in 1875. The bank donated materials including a stock ledger, a savings deposit letter, and assessment receipts for mines in Virginia City, Nevada. Materials between 1877-1882.
N.A. Chandler was a miner in Virginia City. He writes to his wife from San Francisco describing his rich "Washoe claims" in Virginia City, Utah Territory, festive activities in San Francisco, and his future plans. Created on July 10, 1860.
The Consolidated Imperial Mining Company was a silver mining company at Virginia City, Nevada. It was dissolved on March 16, 1922. The collection includes articles and certificate of incorporation, minutes and agreements.
The Croton Gold and Silver Mining Company was a mining company incorporated in New York and located in Virginia City, Nevada. The collection includes an abstract of claims and a map.
Daily accounts of both Holman's business and personal activities include progress reports for both mines, news of social and fraternal organization meetings, and names of couples he united in marriage.
The Savage Mine was owned by the Savage Mining Company and located in Virginia City, Nevada, one of the mines of the Comstock Lode. The collection contains three payment receipts for work completed on the mine in 1874 and 1876.
The Savage Mining Company was a silver mine located in Virginia City, Nevada. Charles S. Bonner was a superintendent for the Company. The collection contains incoming correspondence mainly from the 1860s for the Savage Mining Company and is addressed to superintendent Charles S. Bonner.
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 5
- Virginia City (Nev.) 4
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Virginia City 2
- Banks and banking -- Nevada 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- Mines and mining 1
- Comstock Lode Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Miners -- Nevada -- Virginia City -- Correspondence 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Comstock Lode 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) 1 ∧ less
- Savage Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 2
- Beegan, William 1
- Best and Belcher Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Bonner, Charles S. 1
- Bowers and Company 1
- Bowers, L. S. (Lemuel Sanford), 1833-1868 1
- Carson City Savings Bank (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Chandler, N. A. 1
- Consolidated Imperial Mining Company 1
- Croton Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Fair, James Graham, 1831-1894 1
- Felton, C. N. (Charles Norton), 1832-1914 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1
- Hardy and Kennedy (Forest Hill, Calif.) 1
- Holman, Heber 1
- Mackay, John William, 1831-1902 1
- Santa Rita Mining Company 1
- Smith, Grant H. (Grant Horace), 1865-1944 1
- Spring Valley Mines Company 1
- Utah Gold and Silver Mining Company 1 ∧ less