Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Alfred Jean Chartz was born February 9, 1851 in La Baye du Febvre, Quebec, Canada and became a Nevada journalist, businessman, and lawyer expert in mining and water litigation. He had two sons, John and Carl. Collection contains business and legal records of Alfred, John and Carl Chartz. The collection includes legal cases in which Alfred participated, miscellaneous political campaign materials, records of various businesses in which family members were involved, and records of the Knights...
Daily accounts of both Holman's business and personal activities include progress reports for both mines, news of social and fraternal organization meetings, and names of couples he united in marriage.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1
- Water rights -- Nevada 1
- Best and Belcher Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Chartz family 1
- Chartz, Alfred Jean, 1851- 1
- Chartz, Carl W. 1
- Chartz, John MacGregor, 1889- 1