Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Letterpress copy book of weekly reports of activities submitted by mine superintendent Whitman Symmes. Reports give number of men employed by occupation, cost of wages, and a descriptive summary of work.
The Savage Mine was owned by the Savage Mining Company and located in Virginia City, Nevada, one of the mines of the Comstock Lode. The collection contains three payment receipts for work completed on the mine in 1874 and 1876.
The Savage Mining Company was a silver mine located in Virginia City, Nevada. Charles Bonner was a superintendent for the Company. The collection contains incoming correspondence mainly from the 1860s for the Savage Mining Company and is address to superintendent Charles Bonner.
Part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, the 800 foot Savage Mine was staked in 1859 by A. O. and L. C. Savage and others. Contains records of mining operations, including annual reports, 1871-1874 and 1901-1917; assessment of shares, 1877-1882; records of bullion shipped to San Francisco, 1868; and account books, 1883-1884 and 1915-1920.
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 2
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- Mines and mining 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 2
- Alta Mine (Nev.) 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Comstock Lode Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Lady Washington Mine (Nev.) 1
- Middle Mines (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Comstock Lode Region 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Best and Belcher Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Birdsall Mining Company 1
- Bonner, Charles 1
- Brunswick Exploration Company 1
- Bullion Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Caledonia Tunnel Company 1
- Chollar Gold and Silver Mining Corporation 1
- Exchequer Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Gould & Curry Silver Mining Company 1
- Hale and Norcross Mining Company 1
- North Potosi Gold & Silver Mining Company 1
- Potosi Gold and Silver Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Symmes, Whitman 1 ∧ less