Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Savage Mining Company was a silver mine located in Virginia City, Nevada. Charles Bonner was a superintendent for the Company. The collection contains incoming correspondence mainly from the 1860s for the Savage Mining Company and is address to superintendent Charles Bonner.
Located on the Carson River, the Woodworth Mill was built in 1864 and, by 1869, contained 24 stamps, 12 pans, and had a capacity of 40 tons per day. In 1871, James G. Fair and John W. Mackay of the Pacific Mill and Mining Company purchased the mill. The Woodworth Sluice was one of the longest sluices ever built. Collection contains employee payment slips for August and September 1874 for work on company flumes and sluices signed by W. H. Armstrong.
- Business correspondence 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- Mines and mining 1
- Comstock Lode Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Comstock Lode Region 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Bonner, Charles 1
- Savage Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Woodworth Mill Company 1
- Woodworth Sluice Company 1