Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Cortez Mining District was a mining district in Lander and Eureka Counties, Nevada and the state's largest producer of turquoise. Includes constitution of the district and notices of location for claims (1863-1914).
About 100 pencil, water color, and pen and ink sketches of Nevada scenes, titled, dated and signed. Sketches depict the artist's living quarters, also mining locations and the area in and around Eureka, Nevada and the southeastern section of Nevada. The three books were apparently a gift from the artist to Elizabeth C. Parker.
The Mineral Hills Mine was a mine located in Euerka County, Nevada. The collection includes a ledger of debits and credits incurred by company including a lists of bullion shipments.
The Mt. Hope Mining District was located in Eureka County, Nevada. The collection contains Book "A" of mining records contains claim notices for mines and mills within the district.
- Artists -- Nevada 1
- Cortez-Mill Canyon Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Eureka (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Lander County 1
- Turquoise mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Long, Walter S. (Walter Sully) 1
- Long, Walter S. (Walter Sully), 1842-1907 1
- Nevada. Lander County. Cortez Mining District 1
- Nevada. Mt. Hope Mining District. Recorder 1