Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Cortez Mining District was a mining district in Lander and Eureka Counties, Nevada and the state's largest producer of turquoise. Includes constitution of the district and notices of location for claims (1863-1914).
The James G. Mathews and Company was an assay company located in Austin, Nevada. The collection includes records of mineral assays from the Austin region include name of person providing the ore sample, weight of sample, and ounces of mineral per ton.
New Pass Mines was a gold mine located thirty miles west of Austin, Nevada. Report on the mines, probably written in about 1900, provides details on the location, history, physical properties, geology, veins, development, mining, assaying, and ore reserves of the mines; water and timber resources; and recommendations.
- Cortez-Mill Canyon Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Jackson Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Eureka County 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Nye County 1
- Turquoise mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- James G. Mathews and Company 1
- Morse, Henry N., 1835-1912 1
- Nevada. Lander County. Cortez Mining District 1
- New Pass Mines (Lander County, Nev.) 1