Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
William Beegan was a Nevada miner, formerly of Forest Hill, California. Beegan writes from Virginia City, Nevada Territory, to merchants Hardy & Kennedy of Forest Hill, California, saying he will send payment in the future. He also writes that business in Virginia City, Nevada, is improving but that cash is in short supply.
Interview of Bonney by Robert L. Bruno, discussing his Nevada mining experiences from 1909-1913, in Rhyolite, Tonopah, and Virginia City.
Title papers to the Bowers and Rogers Lead, also known as Bowers Rogers, and Webb. Each lists buyer (usually C. N. Felton) and seller and describes location of claim.
Photocopies of a series of articles from the Chico enterprise (California) consisting of recollections of Nelson's years in Nevada with anecdotes concerning the social customs and political life of the era and his life as a miner, with sketches of journalists and political figures of Virginia City. Also included is a sketch of wheat ranching in northern California from 1860-1863 near Nelson.
Daily accounts of both Holman's business and personal activities include progress reports for both mines, news of social and fraternal organization meetings, and names of couples he united in marriage.
Letter from Lightner in Virginia City to W. H. Duncan in Austin, Nevada, discussing a job offer in Mexico and his conditions for accepting employment in the Reese River Mining District near Austin. The collection contains material from June 12, 1865 created by C. W. Lightner.
Surveys from 1862-1867 of areas of Storey County, Nevada, include portions of Six-Mile Canyon, Gold Canyon, Long Valley, Cedar Hill, Gold Hill, Virginia City, Flowery, and Geiger Grade. Individual surveys show such man-made features as mills, brewery sites, and mining claims. Each survey contains a verbal description of the parcel and a pen and ink scale drawing of the parcel and related geographic features.
- Virginia City (Nev.) 6
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 3
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 2
- American Flat (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Austin (Nev.) 1
- Brewing industry -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Burning Moscow Mine (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Cedar Hill (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Chico enterprise 1
- Geiger Grade (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Gold Canyon (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Gold Hill (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Journalists -- Nevada 1
- Long Valley (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Storey County 1
- Miners -- Nevada -- Virginia City -- Correspondence 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Storey County 1
- Ranches -- California 1
- Rhyolite (Nev.) 1
- Six-Mile Canyon (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Storey County (Nev.) -- Surveys 1
- Tonopah (Nev.) 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) -- Surveys 1 ∧ less
- Beegan, William 1
- Best and Belcher Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Bonney, John Harry 1
- Bowers and Company 1
- Bowers, L. S. (Lemuel Sanford), 1830-1868 1
- Duncan, William H. 1
- Fair, James Graham 1
- Felton, C. N. (Charles Norton) 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1
- Hardy and Kennedy (Forest Hill, Calif.) 1
- Holman, Heber 1
- Lightner, C. W. 1
- Mackay, John William, 1831-1902 1
- Nelson, Henry 1
- Ophir Silver Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Smith, Grant H. (Grant Horace), 1865-1944 1
- Storey County (Nev.). Surveyor 1 ∧ less