Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The United States Forest Service Law Enforcement and Investigations was a division of the U.S Forest Service responsible for enforcing laws and regulation on Forest Service property. Includes clippings from newspapers and other print media on issues related to national forests, public lands, and enforcement of applicable laws and regulations in Nevada (1969-1998).
Overview Records cover the various initiatives, activities, and efforts of both the Public Resource Foundation (1982) and later Public Resource Associates (1988) to affect environmental change on the national and local levels through grassroots planning and lobbying. Materials date from 1919-2012 with the bulk of the material covering the mid- 1980s-2012. The major areas of emphasis in this collection are the work to reform the 1872 Mining Law, public lands management, and conservation and maintenance...
Dates: 1919-2013; Majority of material found within 1985-2012
Overview The Toiyabe Chapter is a regional chapter of the Sierra Club, a California-based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. The Toiyabe Chapter was organized in 1957 and originally included Nevada, California east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and north of San Bernardino and Kern Counties, and parts of the state of Utah. The collection contains records created or collected by the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, related to the environment, its use, and its...
Abstract The records of the Western Shoshone Defense Project were maintained by Carrie and Mary Dann, two traditional Western Shoshone ranchers living in northeastern Nevada. The Defense Project's mission was to affirm Western Shoshone jurisdiction over Western Shoshone ancestral homelands by protecting, preserving, and restoring Shoshone rights and lands for present and future generations based on cultural and spiritual traditions. It was established in 1991 by the Western Shoshone National Council to...
Dates: 1863-2011; Majority of material found within 1930 - 2011
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 2
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- California. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Company (Illegal drug production organization : Sparks, Nev.) 1
- Dann, Carrie, 1934-2021 1
- Dann, Mary, 1923-2005 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 1
- Nevada. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Nevada. Department of Wildlife 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Rainbow Family of the Living Light 1
- Sierra Club 1
- Sierra Club. Toiyabe Chapter 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Forest Service. Law Enforcement and Investigations. Nevada Zone 1
- United States. Forest Service. Nevada Zone 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- Western Shoshone Defense Project 1
- Western Shoshone National Council 1 ∧ less