Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Abstract Included are reports, a resolution, and correspondence. The collection contains material from 1886-1894 created by the Ancient Order of United Workmen, River Lodge No. 6 in Dayton, Nev.
Abstract Beta Sigma Phi began as a national women's sorority for self-improvement and community service during the Great Depression in 1931. Scrapbooks for three Lovelock, Nevada chapters include photographs, party favors, guest lists, clippings, and memorabilia (1939-1977).
Abstract Certificate of election to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows at Gold Hill, Nevada, 1879.
Abstract Record book of installation and dues paid by members, 1875-1876 contains names of members, date initiated, and record of dues paid. Receipts, 1930-1931, appear to have been for a turkey dinner prepared by or for the lodge.
Dates: 1875-1876; 1930-1931
Abstract Mulcahy's 1937 speech upon the 75th anniversary of the founding of Carson Lodge no. 4, Carson City, Nevada, gives the history of the lodge and of Capitol Lodge no. 20, the Odd Fellows Association of Carson City, and Carson City Rebekah Lodge. The membership status list, 1870, names those who ceased membership or who were reinstated, rejected, or expelled.
Dates: 1870; 1937
Abstract Includes a deed for unspecified property conveyed from Lawrence Silver to John Hymers and John Robinson; tax receipt; business and fraternal order cards, and a call to a ceremonial session of the Shriners which includes a comic stock certificate in the Beautiful Dream Mining Company.
Abstract Records constitute primarily reports of treasurers and secretaries, with some correspondence. The collection contains material from 1868-1869 created by the Independent Order of Good Templars, Lodge no. 14 in Dayton, Nev.
Abstract The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) was a fraternal lodge instituted at Dayton, Nevada, on Dec. 13, 1872. Constitution and bylaws describe minimum number of members allowed, qualifications for membership, contributions and benefits, types and duties of officers, times of meetings, order of business, rules of order, and names of charter and active members. Material from 1873.
Overview The Dayton Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) was established on June 2, 1863 and was a branch of a national social and benevolence organization. The first lodge in Nevada Territory was organized at Gold Hill in April 1862; the Dayton Lodge was the fifth one in the territory. The collection includes correspondence, generally about members' benefits membership applications, rolls, and lists of members expelled, rejected, or deceased (including Daughters of Rebekah);...
Abstract Included are reports of the treasurer and secretary, correspondence, resolutions, rules for use of the Lodge's facilities, proclamations, invoices, and receipts. A few records of Rebekah Lodge no. 5 (Dayton, Nevada) are also included.
- Paterson, Verna Stumpf, 1897-1994 2
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Kerak Temple (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Ancient Order of United Workmen 1
- Ancient Order of United Workmen. River Lodge No. 6 (Dayton, Nev.) 1
- Beta Sigma Phi 1
- Beta Sigma Phi. Alpha Epsilon Chapter (Lovelock, Nev.) 1
- Beta Sigma Phi. Nu Chapter (Lovelock, Nev.) 1
- Beta Sigma Phi. Xi Eta Chapter (Lovelock, Nev.) 1
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 1
- Cooley, John 1
- Creel, Cecil Willis 1
- Daughters of Rebekah 1
- Daughters of the American Colonists (Nev.) 1
- First Baptist Church of Reno (Nev.) 1
- Freemasons (Tonopah, Nev.) 1
- Freemasons. Carson Lodge No. 1 (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Freemasons. Grand Lodge of Nevada 1
- Garden Gate Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- General Lander Temple No. 2. Native Sons of Nevada 1
- Hammond, C. L. 1
- Harper, T. H. 1
- Henckell, Frank G. 1
- Hymers, Thomas Kerr 1
- Independent Order of Good Templars. Lodge no. 14 (Dayton, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Capitol Lodge no. 20 (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Carson Lodge no. 4 (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Dayton Lodge no. 5 (Dayton, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Garden Valley Encampment No. 6 (Dayton, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Grand Lodge of Nevada 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Lodge no. 5 (Dayton, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Nevada Lodge No. 7 (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Wildey Lodge No. 1 (Gold Hill, Nev.) 1
- Minerva Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Mulcahy, Edwin C. 1
- Native Sons of Nevada 1
- Nelson, Alfred 1
- Nelson, Augusta L. Johnson 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada Cancer Welfare, Incorporated (Reno) 1
- Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs (Reno) 1
- O-H Club (Austin, Nev.) 1
- O.A.U. (Fraternal order) 1
- Odd Fellows Association of Carson City (Nev.) 1
- Order of Eastern Star (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Electa Chapter no. 2 (Austin, Nev.) 1
- Paterson, Chester Arthur 1
- Phi Sigma Alpha. Nevada Gamma Chapter 1
- Ralson, C. 1
- Rebekah Lodge (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Rebekah Lodge no. 5 (Dayton, Nev.) 1
- Reno Council of Church Women 1
- Robinson, John LaRue 1
- Royal Arch Masons. Hall of Gold Hill Chapter No. 8 (Gold Hill, Nev.) 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Gold Hill, Nev.) 1
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Taylor, Chester C. 1
- Taylor, Maude Sawin 1
- Thatcher, George B. 1
- Torkelson, Ruth 1
- Trinity Episcopal Church (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Twentieth Century Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Verdi Elementary School (Nev.) 1
- White, Gardner C. 1
- Women's Forum of Washoe County (Nev.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of Reno, Nevada 1 ∧ less