Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
The Union Mine was Part of the North End Mines of the Comstock Lode, the Union was an 1859 stake of 302 feet between the Mexican and Sierra Nevada Mines. Later, 270 additional feet were acquired from the North Ophir claim. Work began in 1860; although the Union had one of the deepest works (at 3350 feet), it was one of the least profitable of the Comstock; by the late 1870s it was producing no ore. Collection contains operational records, including weekly and annual reports of operations...
- Repository: University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department
- Subject: Silver mines and mining -- Nevada
- Subject: Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada
- Subject: Comstock Lode (Nev.)
- Names: Union Consolidated Silver Mining Company