Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Ludowig (Louis) Edmund Wedertz (1824-1881) operated a stage station at Sulpher Springs on the Carson-Aurora road from about 1862-1866 when he moved his family to Aurora for two years. By 1874 they were living in Sulpher Springs again where Clarence R. and Frank Lewis were born. In 1881, Wedertz opened a store in Bridgeport, California, which his widow Niklamine ran after his death in December 1881. The family continued to live in Bridgeport and Smith Valley. The collection primarily contains...
- Repository: University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department
- Subject: Silver mines and mining -- Nevada
- Subject: Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada
- Subject: Nevada -- History
- Subject: Carson River (Nev.) -- Water rights