Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Holmes Mining Company was a silver mining company at Candelaria, Nevada. Financial journal details company expenses, including payments for equipment, repairs, labor, and supplies (1890-1903).
The Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company was part of the North End Mines of the Comstock Lode. The initial claim of 100 feet was staked in 1859. Collection includes business records of the company's mining operations, including reports (weekly and annual), letters, accounts of expenditures and proceeds, and legal materials, 1876-1923.
The first discovery of precious minerals in the Comstock Mining District, Virginia City, Nevada, was made on what was to become the Ophir Silver Mining claim. Collection contains daily, weekly, and annual reports, 1879-1920; letters, 1874-1913; payroll, 1879-1884; cash books, 1882-1911 abstract of title of the company's real estate and miscellaneous other business records, 1878-1906.
The Overman Silver Mining Company was a mine on the main Comstock Lode located in Gold Hill, Nevada. The collection includes bylaws; minutes, 1860-1865; correspondence, 1875-1882; daily and annual reports, 1880-1903; accounts, 1862; time book, 1874-1901; and deeds, 1861-1863 and 1890.
Part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, the 800 foot Savage Mine was staked in 1859 by A. O. and L. C. Savage and others. Contains records of mining operations, including annual reports, 1871-1874 and 1901-1917; assessment of shares, 1877-1882; records of bullion shipped to San Francisco, 1868; and account books, 1883-1884 and 1915-1920.
The Sierra Nevada, Mexican and Union Shaft Company was a Virginia City, Nevada silver mine composed of what had formerly been three separate companies. The collection contains daily cash account book (1907-1920) and checks drawn on the Bank of California (1898).
The Comstock Pumping Association was established in 1898 by 28 mine companies in Virginia City. Designed as a means to increase stock values, the purpose of the association was to pump water from the Comstock mines below the Sutro Tunnel level. Records of operation include daily and weekly reports (including Ward Shaft Association, 1910-1912), letters, cashbooks, financial ledgers, and a tunnel account book, 1905-1909.
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 7
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 7
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 6
- Business correspondence 5
- Annual reports 4
- Deeds 2
- Legal instruments 2
- Bawdy songs 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Manuscript maps 1
- Maps 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Gold Hill 1
- Registers (Lists) 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Candelaria 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Gold Hill 1 ∧ less
- Brunswick Exploration Company 2
- Birdsall Mining Company 1
- C & C Shaft Company 1
- California Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Comstock Pumping Association 1
- Consolidated California and Virginia Mining Company 1
- Consolidated Virginia Mining Company 1
- Fair, James Graham, 1831-1894 1
- Flood, James Clair, 1826-1888 1
- Holmes Mining Company 1
- Mackay, John William, 1831-1902 1
- Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- North Potosi Gold & Silver Mining Company 1
- O'Brien, William Shoney 1
- Ophir Silver Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Overman Silver Mining Company 1
- Savage Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Sierra Nevada, Mexican and Union Shaft Company 1
- Union Consolidated Silver Mining Company 1
- United Comstock Pumping Association 1
- Ward Shaft Association 1 ∧ less