Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Collection consists of a presentation made at the open house for the 50th anniversary of the Taylor Grazing Act, which brought public domain lands under control of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management during 1984. The Taylor Grazing Act was created by Darrel S. Fulwider.
Overview Records of Griswold's sheep ranches, his terms as president and board member of the Nevada Livestock Production Credit Association, the National Advisory Board (for the Taylor Grazing Act), National Wool Council, Nevada Wool Growers' Association, the Nevada Selective Service Board, and the U. S. D. A. War Board, and as coordinator of Operation Haylift in Nevada, 1949. Topics discussed include droughts in Nevada, grazing lands, sheep, the effect of World War II on local food production, and...
Abstract The records of the Western Shoshone Defense Project were maintained by Carrie and Mary Dann, two traditional Western Shoshone ranchers living in northeastern Nevada. The Defense Project's mission was to affirm Western Shoshone jurisdiction over Western Shoshone ancestral homelands by protecting, preserving, and restoring Shoshone rights and lands for present and future generations based on cultural and spiritual traditions. It was established in 1991 by the Western Shoshone National Council to...
Dates: 1863-2011; Majority of material found within 1930 - 2011
- Dann, Carrie 1
- Dann, Mary 1
- Eastern Nevada Wool Growers' Association 1
- Fulwider, Darrel S. 1
- Griswold Livestock Company 1
- Griswold, Gordon 1
- McCarran, Pat 1
- National Wool Council 1
- Nevada Livestock Production Credit Association 1
- Nevada Wool Growers' Association 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture. War Board 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- Western Shoshone Defense Project 1
- Western Shoshone National Council 1 ∧ less