Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Nevada Sage Grouse Conservation Project was an initiative taken by Governor Kenny Guinn in 2000 to create a strategy for protecting the declining populations of Sage Grouse in Nevada. The records consist of materials created by conservation groups and federal and state agencies in conjunction with the creation of conservation plans and strategies regarding the plight of the Sage Grouse. The final version of the plan, issued in June 2004, is included.
Overview Records cover the various initiatives, activities, and efforts of both the Public Resource Foundation (1982) and later Public Resource Associates (1988) to affect environmental change on the national and local levels through grassroots planning and lobbying. Materials date from 1919-2012 with the bulk of the material covering the mid- 1980s-2012. The major areas of emphasis in this collection are the work to reform the 1872 Mining Law, public lands management, and conservation and maintenance...
Dates: 1919-2013; Majority of material found within 1985-2012
Overview Fred E. Wright worked for the Nevada Fish and Game Commission from 1949-1979, retiring as Chief of Administrative Services. He began the Nevada Fish and Game History Project as a way to document the development of the Nevada Fish and Game Commission as well as the individuals who worked with the agency over the years. The collection contains materials that document the Nevada Fish and Game Commission through reports and reminiscences of individuals involved with the project as well as reports...
Overview Materials cover the life and professional career of renowned Bureau of Land Management wildlife biologist and pronghorn antelope expert James “Jim” D. Yoakum. This collection consists of approximately 44 cubic feet and materials date from 1949-2012, with bibliographic references from 1816 on. Included are correspondence, daily diaries, a variety of technical wildlife and range management reports, articles, and bibliographies, book drafts, records from the Wildlife Society, and information...
Dates: 1816-2012; Majority of material found within 1949-2012
- Nevada. Department of Wildlife 2
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 2
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- California. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Foresta Institute for Ocean and Mountain Studies 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 1
- Nevada. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Nevada. Fish and Game Commission 1
- Pronghorn Antelope Workshop 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Sierra Club 1
- Sierra Club. Toiyabe Chapter 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management. Nevada State Office 1
- United States. Forest Service. Nevada Zone 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- Wildlife Society. Nevada Chapter 1
- Wildlife Society. Western Section 1
- Wright, Fred 1
- Yoakum, James D. 1 ∧ less