Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Francis Richmond Breen (1915-2002) was a lawyer based in Reno, Nevada. He was a trustee for the Max C. Fleischmann Foundation from 1960-1980 and assisted Velma Johnston (Wild Horse Annie) in establishing the Wild Horse Organized Assistance (WHOA) foundation in 1971. The collection contains Breen's files on the termination of the Max C. Fleischmann Foundation in 1980 as well as his files on the founding of WHOA.
Abstract Included are trustee minutes, reports of operations, financial statements, auditors' reports, reports of executors of the Fleischmann estate, inventories of assets, tax returns, trustees' files, application lists, Nevada scholarship files (including Nevada Indian applications), files of completed grants, scrapbooks, and indexes to rejected applicants.
Abstract Includes Sampson's reminiscences of his military career, Margaret Ryan Sampson's diary of a trip to Calgary, Canada (1964), a biography of Max C. Fleischmann, a W.P.A. history of the Nevada Episcopal Church, Robert A. Allen's report on the V & T, and legal papers from the Interstate Commerce Commission's hearings on the abandonment of the V & T.
Abstract These papers consist entirely of materials related to Wheeler's published writings: manuscripts in draft and edited formats, research notes and tapes, original papers and records of Max C. Fleischmann, photographs, and newspaper clippings. Mr. Wheeler's personal papers were inherited by his family members.
- Indians of North America -- Nevada 2
- Black Rock Desert (Nev.) 1
- Charitable bequests -- Nevada 1
- Charitable bequests -- United States 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- Nevada 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- United States 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Study and teaching 1
- Fishing -- Alaska 1
- Fishing -- Pacific coast 1
- Hunting -- North America 1
- Indochina -- Description and travel 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Railroads -- Nevada 1
- Sheep ranchers -- Nevada 1 ∧ less