Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Andrew “Jack” Dieringer (1925-2020) graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1948 with a degree in biology. He began working for the Nevada Fish and Game Commission directly out of college and continued there until his retirement in 1983. Collection includes daily diaries kept by Dieringer from February 1951 to his retirement in 1983 and record his daily work activities, meetings, and trips to the field.
Overview Richard T. Heap was a Nevada Department of Fish and Game agent for Elko County from 1971-1975. The collection contains his recollections from his childhood that led up to his time working for the Nevada Department of Fish and Game.
Overview The Toiyabe Chapter is a regional chapter of the Sierra Club, a California-based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. The Toiyabe Chapter was organized in 1957 and originally included Nevada, California east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and north of San Bernardino and Kern Counties, and parts of the state of Utah. The collection contains records created or collected by the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, related to the environment, its use, and its...
Scope and Contents Professional papers for Tom Trelease relating to his work in the Fish and Wildlife Division of Nevada, 1940s-1990s.
Dates: circa 1940-2008
Overview Fred E. Wright worked for the Nevada Fish and Game Commission from 1949-1979, retiring as Chief of Administrative Services. He began the Nevada Fish and Game History Project as a way to document the development of the Nevada Fish and Game Commission as well as the individuals who worked with the agency over the years. The collection contains materials that document the Nevada Fish and Game Commission through reports and reminiscences of individuals involved with the project as well as reports...
- Fisheries -- Nevada 2
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 2
- Wildlife conservation -- Nevada 2
- All terrain vehicles -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) 1
- Anti-environmentalism -- Nevada 1
- Diaries 1
- Environmental impact statements -- Nevada 1
- Environmental monitoring -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Nevada 1
- Fishes -- Research -- Nevada 1
- Forest management -- Nevada 1
- Hazardous wastes -- Nevada 1
- MX (Weapons system) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Naval Air Station (Fallon, Nev.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Public lands -- Management -- Nevada 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse 1
- Sage grouse -- Conservation -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Great Basin 1
- Sage grouse -- Habitat -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Nevada 1
- Sagebrush Rebellion (Movement : Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental aspects 1
- Toiyabe trails 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Management 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Wild burros -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wild horses -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wilderness areas -- Management -- Nevada 1
- Wildlife management -- Nevada 1 ∧ less