Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Overview Carl Dodge was a Nevada state senator (Republican) from Churchill County, 1959-1980. The collection contains an unedited transcript of a taped interview conducted by Elmer R. Rusco in which Dodge discussed then recent changes in the Legislature, issues facing future sessions, and related matters.
Dates: 1968 April 11
Scope and Contents Papers relating to Rusco's research and publications.
Overview JoAnne Peden is an anthropologist who works primarily with the Paiute Tribes in Nevada. The collection contains materials from Professor Elmer Rusco concerning the McDermitt Reservation, Paiute Indian history, his paper delivered to the Great Basin Anthropological Conference (1984), notes, some correspondence, and copies of National Archives documents. It also includes copies of oral history interview transcripts made by Peden with Paiute individuals for UNR Oral History Program and a draft...
Overview "Friends of Pyramid" was a Nevada non-profit organization incorporated in 1982 to support and work in concert with the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe to protect and preserve the unique resources of Pyramid Lake and its environs. Included are minutes, agendas, correspondence, position papers, membership rolls, special events files, articles about Pyramid Lake, correspondence with other environmental organizations, subject files, and clippings. Dates range from 1968-1997 with the majority of material...
Dates: 1968-1997; Majority of material found within 1982-1997
Overview Volume 11 of the Smithsonian's Handbook of North American Indians, focused on Indians of the Great Basin region of the American west, and included cultural, historical, prehistorical, and technological information about the Paiute, Washo, Shoshoni, Ute, and Bannock Indians. Editorial files include correspondence between editors and authors, meeting reports, planning committee materials, general business records, draft chapters, and final essays. Material between 1970-1985.
Beth Isaeff and the ministry for marriage of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Northern Nevada, 1982-1995
Abstract Transcript of an oral history of Beth Isaeff, conducted by Elmer R. Rusco, provides an autobiographical sketch of Isaeff, a discussion of her involvement with the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Northern Nevada, and her activities as a minister for marriage (1995).
Overview Includes administrative records which detail the origins and completion of the project such as correspondence, reports, and text for the exhibit and publication Nevada Black history: yesterday and today; biographical files on 132 contemporary Black Nevadans which may include a vita, newspaper clippings, and correspondence; materials documenting the effort to attain a state holiday for the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.; catalogs and other print sources which provide information on...
Abstract The Nevada Black History Project was organized in 1989 to bring to light more of the history of the Black presence in this state. Includes administrative records of the project, grant proposals and reports, correspondence, lists of topics and people to be included in the project exhibit and publications, and newspaper clippings and publications about blacks in Nevada and in the United States (1976-1996).
Abstract Paper delivered at the 1980 meeting of the American Political Science Foundation discussed the genesis of the Indian Reorganization Act with particular attention to the origins of Section 16 of the act, dealing with tribal governments. Created by Elmer R. Rusco.
Abstract Elmer R. Rusco was a professor emeritus of Political Science, University of Nevada, Reno. Unpublished manuscript marked "rough draft," summarizes the statutes and resolutions regarding race passed by the legislatures of Nevada, territory and state, from 1860-1970; Nevada Supreme Court decisions arising from these actions; and opinions of the Attorney General regarding these laws (1971).
- Indians of North America -- Great Basin 3
- African Americans -- History -- Nevada 2
- African Americans -- Nevada 2
- Civil rights -- Nevada 2
- Japanese -- Nevada 2
- Jews -- Nevada 2
- Minorities -- Nevada 2
- Nevada -- Politics and government 2
- Nevada -- Race relations 2
- Nevada Black history 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Anthropologists -- Correspondence 1
- Archaeologists -- Correspondence 1
- Bannock Indians 1
- Basque Americans -- Nevada 1
- Chinese -- Nevada 1
- Greeks -- Nevada 1
- Italians -- Nevada 1
- Koreans -- Nevada 1
- Linguists -- Correspondence 1
- Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Unitarian Church. 1
- Marriage customs and rites -- Nevada 1
- Mexican Americans -- Nevada 1
- Micronesians 1
- Nevada -- Race relations -- Law and legislation 1
- Oral histories 1
- Paiute Indians 1
- Paiute Indians -- Nevada -- Fort McDermitt 1
- Parks -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Portuguese -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Race -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Race relations -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Racism -- Nevada 1
- Rancho San Rafael Regional Park (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Same-sex marriage -- Nevada 1
- Shoshonean Indians -- Great Basin 1
- Shoshoni Indians 1
- Shoshoni Indians -- History 1
- Thais -- Nevada 1
- Unitarianism -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Ute Indians 1
- Washo Indians 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water conservation -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake Region 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Congresses 1
- Wetland conservation -- Nevada -- Lahontan Valley 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Yucca Mountain (Nev.) 1 ∧ less