Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview Laurel Ames is a long-time resident of South Lake Tahoe who has worked with various agencies dedicated to the use and conservation of Lake Tahoe including The League to Save Lake Tahoe, the California Water Quality Control Board, Sierra Club, and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. The collection contains materials created and collected by Ames while working with organizations in the Lake Tahoe basin whose primary goal was to protect Lake Tahoe from overdevelopment and urbanization.
Overview Oscar Mathais Ferdinand Nelson (1901-1979) and Harriet Bennett Nelson were members of the Sierra Club. The couple participated in regular outings with the Sierra Club into the Sierra Nevada mountain range, as well as other California locations and documented their trips through photography. Collection contains 590 photographs, 415 negatives, and a travel diary documenting the Nelson's various outings with the Sierra Club from 1925-1934.
Overview The Nevada Sage Grouse Conservation Project was an initiative taken by Governor Kenny Guinn in 2000 to create a strategy for protecting the declining populations of Sage Grouse in Nevada. The records consist of materials created by conservation groups and federal and state agencies in conjunction with the creation of conservation plans and strategies regarding the plight of the Sage Grouse. The final version of the plan, issued in June 2004, is included.
Abstract Class notebooks from Price's studies at the University of California and daily journals of 1895, 1897, and 1899.,The 1897 journal contains a supply list, recipes, and account of a hiking/camping trek in Yosemite with his wife Jennie, where they placed Sierra Club registers on mountain peaks.
Scope and Contents Materials relating to Marge and Richard Sill's work dealing with environmental issues and organizations, especially with the work of the Sierra Club.
Overview The Sierra Club is a California based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. Organized about 1890 in San Francisco, the club issues a Bulletin and publishes books about nature; they also investigate and lobby to prevent damage to the wilderness. Divided into chapters and subgroups based on geography. Richard Sill served on the national board of directors and executive committee from 1967-1971, on the executive board of the Toiyabe Chapter (Nevada), and as...
Overview Regional chapter of the Sierra Club, a California-based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. The Toiyabe Chapter was organized in 1957 and originally included Nevada, California east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and north of San Bernardino and Kern Counties, and parts of the state of Utah. Collection contains records created or collected by the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, related to the environment, its use, and its preservation. Records document...
Overview Marjorie L. Sill (1923-2016) was a Reno local and noted environmental activist for the Eastern Sierra and Great Basin regions through involvement with the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club and other regional and national organizations. The collection comprises materials related to her activism, organizational involvement, and a small amount of materials from her career as a high school teacher. It includes memos, publications, photographs, correspondence, government press releases and...
Abstract Correspondence, reports and clippings created by Sill, Nevada's U.S. Senator Walter Baring, or scientist Richard Noyes, related to the unsuccessful effort in the 1950s and 1960s to create the Great Basin National Park (later created in 1986).
- Conservationists -- West (U.S.) 3
- Environmental protection -- Nevada 3
- All terrain vehicles -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) 2
- Environmental impact statements -- Nevada 2
- Environmental protection -- Research -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Forest management -- Nevada 2
- Public lands -- Management -- Nevada 2
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Description and travel 2
- Toiyabe trails 2
- Water use -- Nevada 2
- Yosemite Valley (Calif.) 2
- Anti-environmentalism -- Nevada 1
- Bodega Bay (Calif.) 1
- Environmental impact statements -- West (U.S.) 1
- Environmental monitoring -- Nevada 1
- Formulas, recipes, etc. 1
- Grazing -- Environmental aspects -- Nevada 1
- Great Basin National Park (Nev.) 1
- Hazardous wastes -- Nevada 1
- Inyo National Forest (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Land use -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- MX (Weapons system) 1
- MX (Weapons system) -- Environmental aspects -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Nature -- Effect of human beings on -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Naval Air Station (Fallon, Nev.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Regional planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Sage grouse 1
- Sage grouse -- Conservation -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Great Basin 1
- Sage grouse -- Habitat -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Nevada 1
- Sagebrush Rebellion (Movement : Nev.) 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Snake Range (White Pine County, Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental aspects 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental protection 1
- Toiyabe National Forest (Nev. and Calif.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Management 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 1
- Wheeler Peak (Nev.) 1
- Wild burros -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wild horses -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wilderness areas -- Management -- Nevada 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1 ∧ less