Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview Laurel Ames is a long-time resident of South Lake Tahoe who has worked with various agencies dedicated to the use and conservation of Lake Tahoe including The League to Save Lake Tahoe, the California Water Quality Control Board, Sierra Club, and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. The collection contains materials created and collected by Ames while working with organizations in the Lake Tahoe basin whose primary goal was to protect Lake Tahoe from overdevelopment and urbanization.
Collection — Container: 2017-31_234
Scope and Contents Materials relating to Marjorie and Richard Sill's work dealing with environmental issues and organizations, especially with the work of the Sierra Club.
Overview Oscar Mathais Ferdinand Nelson (1901-1979) and Harriet Bennett Nelson were members of the Sierra Club. The couple participated in regular outings with the Sierra Club into the Sierra Nevada mountain range, as well as other California locations and documented their trips through photography. Collection contains 590 photographs, 415 negatives, and a travel diary documenting the Nelson's various outings with the Sierra Club from 1925-1934.
Abstract The Nevada Sage Grouse Conservation Project was an initiative taken by Governor Kenny Guinn in 2000 to create a strategy for protecting the declining populations of Sage Grouse in Nevada.The records consist of materials created by conservation groups and federal and state agencies in conjunction with the creation of conservation plans and strategies regarding the plight of the Sage Grouse. The final version of the plan, issued in June 2004, is included.
Abstract Class notebooks from Price's studies at the University of California and daily journals of 1895, 1897, and 1899.,The 1897 journal contains a supply list, recipes, and account of a hiking/camping trek in Yosemite with his wife Jennie, where they placed Sierra Club registers on mountain peaks.
Scope and Contents Materials relating to Marge and Richard Sill's work dealing with environmental issues and organizations, especially with the work of the Sierra Club.
Abstract Collection acquired or created by Richard C. Sill as a result of his participation on the boards of the Sierra Club and Toiyabe Chapter (Nevada). Includes official minutes, correspondence, reports, bylaws, newsletters, policy statements, and subject files. Subjects of importance include the Pyramid Lake Task Force (involved in determining water rights of Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe), Lake Tahoe, Bodega Bay nuclear power plant, preservation of the wilderness, and conservation.
Abstract Records created or collected by the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, related to the environment, its use, and its preservation. Records document chapter activities, the policies and activities of various governmental bodies, especially the Bureau of Land Management, the U.S. Forest Service, and the Nevada Fish and Game Department (now, Nevada Dept. of Wildlife).
Abstract Correspondence, reports and clippings created by Sill, Nevada's U.S. Senator Walter Baring, or scientist Richard Noyes, related to the unsuccessful effort in the 1950s and 1960s to create the Great Basin National Park (later created in 1986).
- Conservationists -- West (U.S.) 3
- Environmental protection -- Nevada 3
- Public lands -- Management -- Nevada 2
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Description and travel 2
- Water use -- Nevada 2
- Yosemite Valley (Calif.) 2
- All terrain vehicles -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) 1
- Anti-environmentalism -- Nevada 1
- Bodega Bay (Calif.) 1
- Environmental impact statements -- Nevada 1
- Environmental monitoring -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Research -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Forest management -- Nevada 1
- Formulas, recipes, etc. 1
- Great Basin National Park (Nev.) 1
- Hazardous wastes -- Nevada 1
- Land use -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- MX (Weapons system) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Naval Air Station (Fallon, Nev.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Regional planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Sage grouse 1
- Sage grouse -- Conservation -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Great Basin 1
- Sage grouse -- Habitat -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Nevada 1
- Sagebrush Rebellion (Movement : Nev.) 1
- Snake Range (White Pine County, Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental aspects 1
- Toiyabe trails 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Management 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 1
- Wheeler Peak (Nev.) 1
- Wild burros -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wild horses -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wilderness areas -- Management -- Nevada 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1 ∧ less