Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Materials relating to conservation, Nevada energy projects, Truckee River flood projects, some video (VHS) projects. Preliminary inventory available in department.
Scope and Content See preliminary inventory.
Scope and Contents Files deal with water-related issues and other records about club activities, 1993-2004. Preliminary inventory available in department.
Overview The Toiyabe Chapter is a regional chapter of the Sierra Club, a California-based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. The Toiyabe Chapter was organized in 1957 and originally included Nevada, California east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and north of San Bernardino and Kern Counties, and parts of the state of Utah. The collection contains records created or collected by the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, related to the environment, its use, and its...
Overview Marjorie L. Sill (1923-2016) was a Reno local and noted environmental activist for the Eastern Sierra and Great Basin regions through involvement with the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club and other regional and national organizations. The collection comprises materials related to her activism, organizational involvement, and a small amount of materials from her career as a high school teacher. It includes memos, publications, photographs, correspondence, government press releases and...
Overview Richard Clements Sill (1922-1981) was an assistant professor in the Physics Department at the University of Nevada, Reno, and a longtime active member of the Sierra Club, including service on the Executive Board and co-founding the Toiyabe Chapter. The collection includes correspondence, Club records, research, photographs, slides, videos, and audio materials relating to Marjorie and Richard Sill's work dealing with environmental issues and organizations, primarily with the work of the Sierra...
- Environmental impact statements -- Nevada 4
- Environmental protection -- Nevada 3
- Forest management -- Nevada 3
- Toiyabe trails 3
- All terrain vehicles -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) 2
- Conservationists -- West (U.S.) 2
- Environmental protection -- Research -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Nature -- Effect of human beings on -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Toiyabe National Forest (Nev. and Calif.) 2
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Wilderness areas -- Management -- Nevada 2
- Anti-environmentalism -- Nevada 1
- Environmental impact statements -- West (U.S.) 1
- Environmental monitoring -- Nevada 1
- Grazing -- Environmental aspects -- Nevada 1
- Hazardous wastes -- Nevada 1
- Inyo National Forest (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- MX (Weapons system) 1
- MX (Weapons system) -- Environmental aspects -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Naval Air Station (Fallon, Nev.) 1
- Outdoor recreation -- Nevada 1
- Public lands -- Management -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Range management -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse 1
- Sage grouse -- Conservation -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Great Basin 1
- Sage grouse -- Habitat -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Nevada 1
- Sagebrush Rebellion (Movement : Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental aspects 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental protection 1
- Water -- Management 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Wild burros -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wild horses -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Nevada 1 ∧ less