Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview The Nevada Sage Grouse Conservation Project was an initiative taken by Governor Kenny Guinn in 2000 to create a strategy for protecting the declining populations of Sage Grouse in Nevada. The records consist of materials created by conservation groups and federal and state agencies in conjunction with the creation of conservation plans and strategies regarding the plight of the Sage Grouse. The final version of the plan, issued in June 2004, is included.
Overview Regional chapter of the Sierra Club, a California-based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. The Toiyabe Chapter was organized in 1957 and originally included Nevada, California east of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and north of San Bernardino and Kern Counties, and parts of the state of Utah. Collection contains records created or collected by the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, related to the environment, its use, and its preservation. Records document...
Scope and Contents Materials relating to conservation, Nevada energy projects, Truckee River flood projects, some video (VHS) projects. Preliminary inventory available in department.
Scope and Content See preliminary inventory.
Scope and Contents Files deal with water-related issues and other records about club activities, 1993-2004. Preliminary inventory available in department.
Overview Marjorie L. Sill (1923-2016) was a Reno local and noted environmental activist for the Eastern Sierra and Great Basin regions through involvement with the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club and other regional and national organizations. The collection comprises materials related to her activism, organizational involvement, and a small amount of materials from her career as a high school teacher. It includes memos, publications, photographs, correspondence, government press releases and...
- Environmental impact statements -- Nevada 3
- All terrain vehicles -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) 2
- Environmental protection -- Nevada 2
- Forest management -- Nevada 2
- Public lands -- Management -- Nevada 2
- Toiyabe trails 2
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Wilderness areas -- Management -- Nevada 2
- Anti-environmentalism -- Nevada 1
- Conservationists -- West (U.S.) 1
- Environmental impact statements -- West (U.S.) 1
- Environmental monitoring -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Research -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Grazing -- Environmental aspects -- Nevada 1
- Hazardous wastes -- Nevada 1
- Inyo National Forest (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- MX (Weapons system) 1
- MX (Weapons system) -- Environmental aspects -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Nature -- Effect of human beings on -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Naval Air Station (Fallon, Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Range management -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse 1
- Sage grouse -- Conservation -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Great Basin 1
- Sage grouse -- Habitat -- Nevada 1
- Sage grouse -- Nevada 1
- Sagebrush Rebellion (Movement : Nev.) 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental aspects 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) -- Environmental protection 1
- Toiyabe National Forest (Nev. and Calif.) 1
- Water -- Management 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Wild burros -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wild horses -- Control -- Nevada 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Nevada 1 ∧ less