Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Collection contains handwritten notes, notebooks, legal documents, printed material, and 284 maps relating to water issues in Nevada and the West. There are no personal papers.
Abstract Included are legal records and related materials from cases for which Bartlett was either the attorney or judge: divorces, estates, mining and water issues, paroles, guardianships, naturalizations, and wills. Other materials include family and business correspondence; financial records; biographical materials; Bartlett family legal papers; Bartlett's literary writings and notes; Cornelius Vanderbilt, Jr.'s manuscript "Swing your partner"
Overview Collection contains papers from the Federal Water Master's Office, Reno, Nevada, 1926-1982. Included are office operational records, correspondence; also water data, reports, maps and printed material relating to water in the Truckee and Carson River Basins, Nevada and California.
Abstract Louie A. Gardella was a Nevadan, an agricultural agent with the Nevada Agricultural Extension Service for several counties, and County Agricultural Agent for Washoe County where his attention focused on water development, drainage, flooding, and irrigation. The bulk of this collection focuses on the acquisition and control of water in the Truckee Meadows area of Nevada from 1950-1976.
Abstract This collection consists of court documents for the case which involved water rights to the Truckee River in Nevada and a reconsideration of the Orr Water Ditch decree, and for the appeal cases which arose from that litigation. The collection Includes motions, interrogatories, answers and objections, notices, memorandum, lists of witnesses and experts, opinions of the litigants and the courts.
Abstract Includes legal briefs in the case of the U.S. and Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe vs Truckee-Carson Irrigation District; correspondence, reports and notes on the California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe, much of which was authored by Robert Leland; material on the Newlands Project; legal briefs in the case of the U.S. vs the Alpine Land and Reservoir Company; minutes of the Pyramid Lake Task Force; and materials related to deeding water rights to the tribe.
- Water rights -- Nevada 4
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 3
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 2
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 2
- Water use -- Nevada 2
- Water-supply -- Nevada 2
- Aeronautics -- History -- United States 1
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Carson River (Nev.) 1
- Carson River (Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- Carson River (Nev.) -- Water rights 1
- Ditches 1
- Divorce -- Nevada 1
- Humboldt River (Nev.) -- Water rights 1
- Italian Americans -- Nevada 1
- Judges -- Nevada 1
- Lawyers -- Nevada 1
- Marriage -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Reno (Nev.) 1
- Truckee Meadows (Nev.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water rights 1
- Water -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Water -- Nevada -- Sparks 1 ∧ less