Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Letters written by Crumley during and after the Civil War where Crumley was a a chaplain in Company 1 of the northern army's 12th Tennessee Volunteer Cavalry.
Abstract Soldier William (no last name given) writes to his father about his work assignments inside and outside Ft. Ruby, Nevada Territory, considers what the value of his coin and currancy might be in real terms, and comments on news he received in family letters.
Abstract LeBlanc's account of U. S. military service, 1857-1859 was taken from his unsuccessful petition for a military pension.
Abstract Papers of Mr. & Mrs. McDonnell and her parents, Mr. & Mrs. Richard L. Morris. Included are diaries, papers related to Joseph's careers as lawyer and legislative assistant, correspondence, legal documents, family records, books, photos, and memorabilia. Of particular note are letters written by Joseph to Gladys while he was stationed in Korea, 1945-1946.
Abstract Fanny Dunbar Corbusier's recollections include her childhood in New Orleans; marriage to William Henry Corbusier in 1869; his medical practice in Ft. McDermitt, Nevada, from 1869-1872; Paiute Indians at Ft. McDermitt, including Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins; and their stay at other western Army posts in Arizona, New Mexico, Nebraska, and Wyoming.
Abstract Scrapbooks of newspaper clippings of the column "Reno review" from the Nevada state journal; plus correspondence related to the column; columns written by Brewster Adams ("Values in the rough") containing comments directed to Rowley; and comments, compliments, and critique she received about her work. Subjects of the columns generally about Reno, Rowley's family, the home front during World War II, experiences of Reno men in the war, working women, and raising children.
- Fort McDermitt (Nev.) -- History 1
- Fort Ruby (Nev.) 1
- Korea -- History -- Allied occupation, 1945-1948 1
- Military chaplains -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons 1
- Mountain Meadows Massacre, Utah, 1857 1
- Nevada state journal 1
- Paiute Indians -- Nevada -- Fort McDermitt 1
- Reno (Nev.) 1
- Soldiers -- Nevada -- Correspondence 1
- United States -- History -- Chaplains -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- Personal narratives -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- Employment -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Social aspects -- Nevada -- Reno 1 ∧ less