Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Includes reports on Nevada agricultural economics and management, including topics dealing with range and forest management in Nevada and northeastern California flood control irrigation the Carson, Truckee, Muddy, and Colorado Rivers grazing, the state Planning Board Water Facilities Act and the Purnell Act.
Overview Leland Seymour Smith (1878-1975) was an expert botanist who worked for the USDA Forest Service in the early 1900s. The collection primarily contains publications regarding forestry; botany; range, livestock, and wildlife management; snow and winter recreation; and water and irrigation. The collection also includes subject files and a photograph album of the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Overview University of Nevada, Reno Professor Emeritus in History (1967-2016), William D. Rowley specialized in history of the American West, especially Nevada, Reclamation, and Water history. Collection contains materials related to some of his publications, expert witness materials and background research for Colorado Water Division District Court case, and other materials and research on grazing and ranch lands, the Newlands Project, and forestry history.
Dates: late 1880s-2015
Abstract Collection contains, predominantly, United States Forest Service material including daily diaries, manuscripts, reports and printed material.
Overview The Sierra Club is a California based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. Organized about 1890 in San Francisco, the club issues a Bulletin and publishes books about nature; they also investigate and lobby to prevent damage to the wilderness. Divided into chapters and subgroups based on geography. Richard Sill served on the national board of directors and executive committee from 1967-1971, on the executive board of the Toiyabe Chapter (Nevada), and as...
Abstract Included are a copy of the U.S. Forest Service manual on wild, free-roaming horses and burros; a monthly report of the Wild Horse and Burro Program, May, 1979; and a liaison report from the Committee on Wild and Free Roaming Horses and Burros to the Board of Agriculture and Renewable Resources (BARR) of the National Research Council.
- Forest management -- California 3
- Forest management -- Nevada 2
- Grazing -- Nevada 2
- Irrigation -- Nevada 2
- Water-supply -- Nevada 2
- Agriculture -- Nevada 1
- Bodega Bay (Calif.) 1
- Carson River (Nev.) 1
- Carson River Valley (Nev.) 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Conservationists -- West (U.S.) 1
- Elko County (Nev.) 1
- Flood control -- Nevada 1
- Forest reserves -- West (U.S.) 1
- Foresters 1
- Forests and forestry 1
- Moapa Valley (Nev.) 1
- Muddy River (Nev.) 1
- Purnell Act, 1925 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Range management -- California 1
- Range management -- Nevada 1
- Range management -- West (U.S.) 1
- Rangelands -- Effect of grazing on 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Snow surveys -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Soil conservation -- Nevada 1
- State universities and colleges -- Nevada 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Toiyabe National Forest (Nev. and Calif.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Management 1
- Water rights 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Wild burros -- Control -- West (U.S.) 1
- Wild burros -- West (U.S.) 1
- Wild horses -- Control -- West (U.S.) 1
- Wild horses -- West (U.S.) 1
- Winter sports 1 ∧ less