Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Abstract Research material on Nevada mines (metals of all types) and mining companies, including the Comstock Lode; engineering field notebooks, correspondence, maps, class notes and papers, clippings, and photographs.
Abstract Prospectus of 20 pages contains a glowing description of the copper production industry written by Morton Lindley in 1899 while general manager. Lindley is listed in 1900 as vice-president of the company, the president as E. D. Sharpe. Contains illustrations and maps.
Abstract Blueprint plans for mining structures and equipment in Nevada (including the Comstock Lode), Arizona, Alaska, Colorado, Missouri, Utah, Montana, Peru, and Mexico. Mines represented include the Nevada Consolidated Copper Co., Steptoe Valley (Nevada) Smelting and Mining Co., Cerro de Pasco (Peru), Missouri Cobalt Co., Belmont Milling Co., Goldfield Consolidated Mines Co., Tonopah Gold Mining Co., and numerous others.
Abstract Includes papers and correspondence for the offices Getchell held; mines and mining prospects, principally with the development of the Betty O'Neal Mines at Betty O'Neal, Nevada, and the Gold Circle Consolidated Mines at Midas, Nevada; the Dan Tucker Mine at Frenchman's Station, Nevada; the Security Mining Company at Betty O'Neal; the Skykomish Copper Company at Index, Washington; and the Lost Cabin Mine at Alturas, California.
Overview Gray Eagle Copper Company, a copper mining company in Nevada’s Goldfield District, was owned by Newmont Mining Corporation. Collection contains the 1946 employment record for one employee, Oscar J. Berscheid.
Abstract Includes reports by Jones on geology of various mines; correspondence, field notes, and brochures related to his activities as a consultant; one letter from his daughter Dorothy; and a membership certificate.
Abstract Letter to Yerington discusses politics and mining in and around Candelaria, Nevada, French and English copper syndicates, and the price of copper. May informs Yerington that if prices hold the copper properties along the Carson and Colorado Railroad would prove valuable.
Overview The Nevada Consolidated Copper Company Records is composed of administrative documents from the Nevada Consolidated Copper Company, or Kennecott Copper Corporation. The collection includes cyanotype photographs, operating notes and manuals, annual reports, and correspondence between employees and other businesses from 1905-1998.
Abstract The Nevada Mining Association’s membership consisted of the principle metal producers in Nevada who banded together for protection, mutual cooperation, and assistance. These records include incorporation papers, minutes of the executive committee, membership lists, correspondence, reports, and position statements.
Abstract Includes 1931 Rio Tinto Copper Company prospectus and a speech that S. F. Hunt gave 28 March 1935 to University of Nevada, Reno, faculty and members of the Crucible Club, a club for student mining engineers.
- Nevada Consolidated Copper Company 3
- Oddie, Tasker L. (Tasker Lowndes) 2
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers 1
- Balzar, Fredrick Bennett 1
- Bank of Battle Mountain 1
- Belmont Milling Company 1
- Betty O'Neal Mines 1
- Boyle, Emmet Derby 1
- Carpenter, Jay A. 1
- Carson and Colorado Railroad 1
- Cerro de Pasco Mining Company 1
- Colorado-Nevada Smelting and Refining Company 1
- Copper Canyon Mining Company 1
- Cox, Thomas, 1863- 1
- Crucible Club 1
- Genoa-Comstock Mining Company 1
- Getchell, Noble Hamilton 1
- Gold Circle Consolidated Mines 1
- Goldfield Consolidated Mines Company 1
- Gordon, Louis D. 1
- Gray Eagle Copper Company 1
- Hilltop Nevada Mining Company 1
- Holabird Western Americana Collections, LLC 1
- Hunt, S. F. (Samuel Franklyn) 1
- Hy-Silver Mining Company 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- Jennings, E. P. 1
- Johnson, M. B. 1
- Jones, J. Claude 1
- Kempvane, J. C. 1
- Kennecot Copper Mining Company. Crusher Department 1
- Kennecott Copper Corporation 1
- Kennecott Copper Mining Company 1
- Lindley, Morton 1
- Mackay School of Mines 1
- May, H. C. 1
- Missouri Cobalt Company 1
- Munds, W. W. 1
- Nevada Industrial Commission 1
- Nevada Mining Association 1
- Nevada Rand Mines Company 1
- Nevada Silver Centennial Committee 1
- New, W. R. 1
- Newmont Mining Corporation 1
- Pittman, Key 1
- Porter, Claus A. 1
- Rio Tinto Copper Company 1
- Rives, Henry Macon 1
- Ross, Beauregard 1
- Round Mountain Gold Dredging Corporation 1
- Security Mining Company 1
- Skykomish Copper Company 1
- Thorne Copper Mining and Reduction Company 1
- Tonopah Gold Mining Company 1
- Travertine Company 1
- United Western Miners 1
- Walker Lake Copper Mining and Smelting Company 1
- Yerington Consolidated Copper Company 1
- Yerington Consolidated Mining Company 1
- Yerington, Henry M. 1 ∧ less