Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract Report recommending that the President of the U.S. and the Secretary of the Interior be given authority to negotiate turning over to appropriate states all unappropriated, unreserved land in fee simple.
Abstract Tape and transcript of Welch's personal observations of the Nevada ranges, trends in "bureaucratic management" of public lands, and history of Quinn Battle and the community of Troy, Nevada.
Abstract Materials cover John Ensign's career as a U.S. Senator from Nevada from 2001 until his resignation on May 3, 2011. Files are only from his Washington D.C. office, with the bulk coming from Ensign's first term during the 107th to 109th congresses (2001-2006). The collection include correspondence, speeches, schedules, legislative work on bills and hearings, news clips, reports, and some audio/visual records. A few photographs and memorabilia are also included.
Abstract Included are bylaws, correspondence, membership lists, budgets, newsletters, speeches, clippings, and material from anti-wilderness groups.
Abstract Papers related to Nappe's interest in the use of Nevada's public lands include correspondence, printed reports, and articles.
Abstract Included are informational brochures, newsletters, and steering committee report. Additional records to be added as received.
Abstract Report determining the location, extent, and character of public land in Washoe County, Nevada, written in preparation for a general plan of development for the county (1975).
Abstract Records cover the various initiatives, activities, and efforts of both the Public Resource Foundation (1982) and later Public Resource Associates (1988) to affect environmental change on the national and local levels through grassroots planning and lobbying. Materials date from 1919-2012 with the bulk of the material covering the mid- 1980s-2012. The major areas of emphasis in this collection are the work to reform the 1872 Mining Law, public lands management, and conservation and maintenance...
Abstract Materials collected or created by RAMA include information about the withdrawal of public land for military use in the western U.S. and Nevada; Bravo 20 bombing range near Fallon, Nevada; production of the RAMA newsletter, Skyguard; military airspace; military arms resources build-down; military hazards and toxic wastes; chemical weapons; nuclear testing and wastes in Nevada and other states; radiation hazards; nuclear storage sites; Native American issues; poverty in western America and rural...
Scope and Contents Collection contains materials created by or collected by RAMA. Preliminary inventory available in department.
- Rural Alliance for Military Accountability 2
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- Dann, Carrie 1
- Dann, Mary 1
- Ensign, John E. (John Eric) 1
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness 1
- Glaser, Norman 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- Malone, George W. (George Wilson) 1
- NV Engery 1
- Nappe, Tina 1
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 1
- Nevadans for a Practical Wilderness Policy 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Regional Planning Commission of Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- Utah Construction Company 1
- Welch, Hubert Grant 1
- Western Shoshone Defense Project 1
- Western Shoshone National Council 1 ∧ less