Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Abstract Includes a constitution and the following titles: India vs the silver question, Finance question solved, and Address of the people of Colorado to the people of the U.S.
Abstract Lawyer, businessman, and Nevada State Assemblyman, of Carson City, Nevada. Collection contains correspondence, legal cases, and papers connected with Coffin's political activity in Nevada (1892-1898) as a member of the Republican State Central Committee and supporter of the Free Silver ticket. The correspondence relates to cases in which Coffin or his legal firm participated, to his business interests in irrigation enterprises, and to the personal affairs of Coffin and his family.
Abstract Resolutions passed at a meeting in Reno issuing a position statement for the party platform, most of which dealt with the silver question.
Abstract Letter and poem from Hanson to H.H. Hogan, editor of the Plaindealer newspaper, offering the poem, Bryan and money, for publication. The poem and letter advocate bimetalism.
Abstract The Nevada Mining Association’s membership consisted of the principle metal producers in Nevada who banded together for protection, mutual cooperation, and assistance. These records include incorporation papers, minutes of the executive committee, membership lists, correspondence, reports, and position statements.
Abstract Papers, primarily correspondence.
Abstract Report of organizing committee which details purpose, membership, and declarations of principles.,Principles condemn President Grover Cleveland (in his second term of office), advocate trade protectionism, and the remonetization of silver.
Abstract Clippings about the Nevada Republican convention of 1894, list of delegates, letter to the committee from chair Trenmore Coffin (1896), and an article about the Corbett-Fitzsimmons boxing match of 1897.
Abstract Declaration favoring free coinage of silver, insisting on payment in silver for all business transactions, and declaring that President Cleveland's action on the silver question was a direct contradiction to his campaign promises.
Abstract Scrapbook of newspaper clippings from local and national newspapers regarding James Baird Weaver, the People's Party and Republican Party national conventions of 1892, the Silver Party platform and ticket, and results of elections in Nevada in the 1890s.,The scrapbook partially fills what was originally a register of actions for the First and Third Judicial Districts, Utah Territory, 1872; and various judicial districts of Nevada, 1872-1878, with index.
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 4
- Coffin, Trenmor 2
- American Bimetallic League 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers 1
- Atomic Power Utilization Committee 1
- Boyle, Emmet Derby 1
- Colorado River Commission 1
- Dangberg, H. F. 1
- Democratic State Central Committee 1
- Gordon, Louis D. 1
- Hanson, Ingvert 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- Inyo Land and Canal Company, Reward Gold Mine 1
- Kempvane, J. C. 1
- Kennecott Copper Corporation 1
- Malone, George W. (George Wilson) 1
- Nevada Consolidated Copper Company 1
- Nevada Industrial Commission 1
- Nevada Mining Association 1
- Nevada Silver Centennial Committee 1
- Nevada. District Court 1
- New, W. R. 1
- Newlands, Francis G. (Francis Griffith), 1848-1917 1
- Oddie, Tasker L. (Tasker Lowndes) 1
- Pamlico Mining Company 1
- Pittman, Key 1
- Republican Club of Gardnerville, Nevada 1
- Republican State Central Committee 1
- Rives, Henry Macon 1
- Round Mountain Gold Dredging Corporation 1
- Silver Club 1
- Silver League 1
- Silver Party 1
- Smith, Alfred Merritt 1
- Symons, H. S. 1
- Symons, Humphrey 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- Union Mill and Mining Company 1
- United Western Miners 1
- Utah. District Court 1
- Weaver, James Baird 1
- Women's Silver League of Austin, Lander County, Nevada 1 ∧ less