Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: AC 0257
The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark who became president in 1918, successfully proposed changing the requirements, the club opened to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the Women's Faculty Club and the Newcomers and contain newspaper...
Identifier: AC 0286
The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. In 1991, it was renamed the University Women's Club. The collection contains records of the Club and the Newcomers section, including committee minutes, constitution and bylaws, membership lists, programs, correspondence, and a plaque listing...