Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: AC 0257
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark, became president in 1918, she successfully proposed changing the requirements and opened the club to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. A section of the club, the Newcomers, welcomed new faculty. The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the...
Identifier: AC 0286
Overview The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. In 1991, it was renamed the University Women's Club. The collection contains records of the Club and the Newcomers section, including committee minutes, constitution and bylaws, membership lists, programs, correspondence, and a plaque listing...