Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The original Nevada campus-carry measure was introduced as Senate Bill 231 during the 2011 session but died when not taken up for a vote in the Assembly Judiciary Committee. Several bills addressing modifications in firearms regulations on higher education campuses were introduced during the 2015 session, including: Assembly Bill 2, Assembly Bill 148, and Senate Bills 175 and 350. The collection is composed of campus flyers and newspaper clippings from 2011-2015.
The records are composed of two issues of the Committee's newsletter.
The Department of Police was established at the University of Nevada in 1965 and was given the duty to enforce the University Traffic Code. The unit changed its name to Police Services in 1999. The collection includes annual reports, the 25th anniversary edition of "A Reason for Tears! A Journal Dealing with Drug Abuse among Young Americans (1992);" a Campus Safety Information newsletter (1995); a Campus Security Act Reported Crime Statistics summary; and newspaper clippings.
- Campus police -- Nevada 2
- Firearms -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Industrial safety -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Safety 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- University of Nevada, Reno--Security measures 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Police Services 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Police Department 1