Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Reno, Nevada newspaper articles, advertisement, and theater playbill about black residents and the civil rights movement in Reno.
Abstract Paper prepared for the Civil Liberties Committee, Western States Democratic Conference which considers the Nevada population by race, the status of blacks in Las Vegas, the Equal Rights Commission, civil rights legislation, human rights conferences, and political morality.
Abstract The collection contains administrative records such as minutes, financial documents, and membership rolls for The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Reno-Sparks Branch and The Society to Underwrite Racial Equality (SURE). In addition the series documents the status of racial discrimination in the Reno-Sparks area through the varied surveys and reports and materials from the national NAACP organization.
Abstract Graph and charts compiled from U.S. census data on the populations of Blacks, Native Americans and caucasians in Nevada.
Abstract These papers, a continuation of collection number 88-28, resulted from an ethnic studies class at UNR in the fall, 1988 semester. Included are reviews of movies, written papers, taped interviews and interview transcripts of the following ethnic or religious groups in Nevada: Afro-Americans, Japanese, Italians, Jews, Portuguese, Thais, Native Americans, Micronesians, and Greeks. For other related materials see collection 88-28 by the same author.
Abstract This collection consists of the working files by Rusco and Sue Fawn Chung as editors of the Nevada public affairs review (1987, #2) and by contributing authors of articles on ethnic minorities in Nevada. Ethnic groups include Basques, Blacks, Chinese, American Indians, Japanese, Jews, Koreans, Mexican Americans, and Yugoslavs.
Abstract Included is biographical information; personal correspondence; working papers for Smith's community service involvement
Abstract Results of a survey of the Westside area, a predominantly black neighborhood.,Included are statistical data about those interviewed; and their perceptions of problems in Las Vegas, the extent of employment, Las Vegas as a place to live and raise children, community activity, and exposure to communications (libraries, newspapers, etc.)
- Benedict, Russell G. 2
- Rusco, Elmer R. 2
- American National Red Cross. Reno Chapter 1
- Bailey, William 1
- Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Chung, Sue Fawn 1
- Colley, Nathaniel Sextus 1
- Erskine, Hazel Gaudet 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Reno-Sparks Branch 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Reno-Sparks Chapter 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. West Coast Region 1
- Nevada. State Comprehensive Health Planning 1
- Operation Independence 1
- Primadonna Club 1
- Rucker, Mary 1
- Smith, Alfred O. 1
- Smith, Alice L. 1
- Society to Underwrite Racial Equality 1
- Sparks United Methodist Church 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights. Nevada Advisory Committee 1
- Washoe County Council of Church Women 1
- Western Community Action Training, Inc. (Reno, Nev.) 1 ∧ less