Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Irene Bruce (1903-1937) was a Nevada Poet, poetry editor for Nevada magazine, founder of the Reno Poetry Workshop, and member of the National League of American Pen Women. The collection contains notebooks of poetry written by Bruce and a manuscript copy and a book jacket of Night Cry.
Charles Hendel was a Nevada State Assemblyman from Mineral County, 1951-1957. Contains poems and prose by Hendel and others on many subjects. Some material appears under Hendel's pen name, Cinnabar Ike, and was previously published in Nevada newspapers. Also included are letters and essays about Mark Twain Youth Camp (Mineral County, Nevada), and proposals to bring water from the Columbia River to Nevada.
Two letters and an envelope from Sterling to W. W. Lange of Milwaukee, discussing Sterling's dramatic poem, Lilith. Letters from 1926.
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Authors -- Nevada 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Poetry 1
- Poetry -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women authors, American -- Nevada 1
- Women poets 1 ∧ less
- Bruce, Irene, 1903-1987 2
- Burge, Florence S., 1912-1986 1
- Hendel, Charles August 1
- Mark Twain Youth Camp (Hawthorne, Nev.) 1
- National League of American Pen Women, Reno Branch 1
- Sterling, George 1 ∧ less