Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Abstract This collection of drawings is for twenty-seven projects dates from 1957-1962 and includes work from both Igaz, Alegre and Harrison Architects and from Alegre and Harrison Architects. One set of specifications is included. Based upon the drawings in this collection, most of the projects designed by the firm were public buildings, principally schools outside of Reno, such as the Carson Elementary School and Churchill County Junior High School. This collection of drawings for...
Identifier: AC 0645
Overview Collection includes original blueprints and drawings of remodeling work for various University buildings during the twentieth century.
Abstract Frederic J. DeLongchamps (1882-1969) was a mining engineer and draftsman in Inyo County and Nevada State Architect. Included in the collection are drawings for projects designed by DeLongchamps and his firm and specifications for many of those projects. Project drawings may include preliminary sketches, presentation drawings, working drawings, and shop drawings specifications may include contracts and correspondence. The collection also contains a small amount of DeLongchamps' personal papers...
Scope and Contents Specifications for Parsons’ architectural drawings (drawings separated to NAA3). Other business materials such as payroll and accounts also included. In an attempt to facilitate easier access, when possible both job number, standardized title, and location of building have been included even if both are not represented on the original folder title.
Abstract Erskine, in interviews with Richard D. Adkins, discusses architects and the regulation of the profession in Nevada, uniform building codes, the State Board of Architecture, his experience working with the United States government on housing projects at Stead Air Force Base, the effect of unionization of building trades on architecture, and creation of the Reno and Las Vegas chapters of the American Institute of Architects.
Abstract The Graham Erskine Architectural Drawings consists of 91 projects dating from circa pre-1938 and 1949-1989. Erskine's practice consisted primarily of commercial and institutional buildings in and around Reno and Carson City. In 1957 he founded the architectural firm Ferris and Erskine (also known as Ferris, Erskine and Calef in the early 1960s) with partner Lehman "Monk" Ferris. From 1970-1983 Erskine was partner with Esley D. Harden in the firm Erskine and Harden Architects; from 1984 until...
Dates: circa 1938-1989; Majority of material found within 1949 - 1989
Scope and Contents Includes both personal materials and specifications and drawings for his architectural work.
Dates: 20th century
Abstract Willis Humphry Church was a Reno, Nevada architect. Landscape designs for a proposed Nevada Art Gallery in Reno include topographic maps of the neighborhood, "basic maps," and existing and proposed landscaping. Some of the surveying work was done by Horace P. Boardman. This gallery was never built (1931-1952).
Abstract Edward Shier Parsons graduated in architecture studies. Contains architectural drawings include those for residences, schools, churches, the Nevada State Hospital, and Fire stations. Drawings for the following historic restoration projects are also included: Lake Mansion, Reno Bower's Mansion, Washoe Valley Driggs House and Piper's Opera House, Virginia City Berlin Mill, Berlin, Nevada Nevada State Capitol building, Carson City Douglas County Court House and Morrill Hall, University of...
Abstract Biographical sketch of Reno, Nevada, architect Edward S. Parsons based on the author's interviews with Parsons. The collection contains material from 1983 created by Linda Shapiro.
- Subject: Architects -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 11
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Parsons, Edward S. 4
- DeLongchamps, Frederic Joseph 2
- Erskine and Hardin Architects 2
- Erskine, Graham, 1911- 2
- Ferris and Erskine 2
- Morrill Hall (Reno, Nev.) 2
- O'Brien, George L. F. 2
- Wells, Hewitt C. 2
- Adkins, Richard D. 1
- Alegre and Harrison Architects 1
- Alegre, Albert W. 1
- American Institute of Architects. Nevada Chapter 1
- Anshen & Allen 1
- Berlin Mill (Berlin, Nev.) 1
- Boardman, Horace Prentiss 1
- Bonell, John A. 1
- Bowers Mansion (Washoe Valley, Nev.) 1
- Casazza, Peetz and Hancock Architects and Planners 1
- Church, Willis Humphry 1
- Clarke, R. M., (Resident of Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Clopine, Russell H. 1
- Congregational Church (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Douglas County. Court House (Nev.) 1
- Driggs House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Ferrari, George M. 1
- Ferris, Lehman A. 1
- Harrison, Weldon J. 1
- Hellman, Raymond M. 1
- Lake Mansion (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Leon, Ben 1
- Lewis, Walter O. 1
- Lincoln Hall (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Mackay School of Mines 1
- Mills, Russell, (Architect) 1
- Mount Rose School (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada State Capitol (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Nevada. State Board of Architecture 1
- Nevada. State Planning Board 1
- Oxoby, Robert M. 1
- Pearson, James Wesley 1
- Piper's Opera House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Shapiro, Linda 1
- Shaver, E. 1
- University of Nevada System 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Facilities Services 1 ∧ less