Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Abstract This collection of drawings is for twenty-seven projects dates from 1957-1962 and includes work from both Igaz, Alegre and Harrison Architects and from Alegre and Harrison Architects. One set of specifications is included. Based upon the drawings in this collection, most of the projects designed by the firm were public buildings, principally schools outside of Reno, such as the Carson Elementary School and Churchill County Junior High School. This collection of drawings for...
Abstract Russell Mills was a Reno, Nevada architect. Containts blueprint drawings of the proposed addition to the Engineering Building at the University of Nevada, Reno. This addition was never constructed. Material from September 1946.
Dates: September 1946
Identifier: AC 0645
Overview Collection includes original blueprints and drawings of remodeling work for various University buildings during the twentieth century.
Identifier: AC 0589
Abstract The University's Fine Arts Building was designed by Richard J. Neutra and Robert E. Alexander, Architects headquartered in Los Angeles, California. The records are composed of biographical material about Dr. James E. Church, building specifications, cornerstone ceremony material, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and an invitation for a viewing of the UNR Fine Arts Complex. Material between 1957-1986, 2012.
Dates: 1957-1986, 2012
Abstract Frederic J. DeLongchamps (1882-1969) was a mining engineer and draftsman in Inyo County and Nevada State Architect. Included in the collection are drawings for projects designed by DeLongchamps and his firm and specifications for many of those projects. Project drawings may include preliminary sketches, presentation drawings, working drawings, and shop drawings specifications may include contracts and correspondence. The collection also contains a small amount of DeLongchamps' personal papers...
Scope and Contents Specifications for Parsons’ architectural drawings (drawings separated to NAA3). Other business materials such as payroll and accounts also included. In an attempt to facilitate easier access, when possible both job number, standardized title, and location of building have been included even if both are not represented on the original folder title.
Abstract Erskine, in interviews with Richard D. Adkins, discusses architects and the regulation of the profession in Nevada, uniform building codes, the State Board of Architecture, his experience working with the United States government on housing projects at Stead Air Force Base, the effect of unionization of building trades on architecture, and creation of the Reno and Las Vegas chapters of the American Institute of Architects.
Overview Graham Erskine (1911-1991) was an architect who came to Reno, Nevada in 1947 and was active in designing commercial and institutional buildings in Reno and Carson City during the middle twentieth century. His papers consist primarily with specifications and contracts for his architectural work as well as a small number of personal papers, and photographs. Materials from 1948-1989.
Abstract The Graham Erskine Architectural Drawings consists of 91 projects dating from circa pre-1938 and 1949-1989. Erskine's practice consisted primarily of commercial and institutional buildings in and around Reno and Carson City. In 1957 he founded the architectural firm Ferris and Erskine (also known as Ferris, Erskine and Calef in the early 1960s) with partner Lehman "Monk" Ferris. From 1970-1983 Erskine was partner with Esley D. Harden in the firm Erskine and Harden Architects; from 1984 until...
Dates: circa 1938-1989; Majority of material found within 1949 - 1989
Abstract F.M. Schadler was a Reno, Nevada, architect. Collection consists of blueprint drawings of the Gray, Reid and Company building in Fallon, Nevada (1920).
- Subject: Architecture -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 16
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- Erskine, Graham, 1911- 3
- Ferris and Erskine 3
- Ferris, Lehman A. 3
- Parsons, Edward S. 3
- University of Nevada, Reno 3
- DeLongchamps, Frederic Joseph 2
- Erskine and Hardin Architects 2
- Mills, Russell, (Architect) 2
- Morrill Hall (Reno, Nev.) 2
- O'Brien, George L. F. 2
- Wells, Hewitt C. 2
- Adkins, Richard D. 1
- Alegre and Harrison Architects 1
- Alegre, Albert W. 1
- American Institute of Architects. Nevada Chapter 1
- Anshen & Allen 1
- Berlin Mill (Berlin, Nev.) 1
- Bernstein, Richard A. 1
- Bliss & Faville 1
- Boardman, Horace Prentiss 1
- Bonell, John A. 1
- Bowers Mansion (Washoe Valley, Nev.) 1
- Carson City Civic Auditorium (Nev.) 1
- Casazza, Peetz and Hancock Architects and Planners 1
- Church, Willis Humphry 1
- Clarke, R. M., (Resident of Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Clopine, Russell H. 1
- Congregational Church (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Douglas County. Court House (Nev.) 1
- Driggs House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Ferrari, George M. 1
- Gray, Reid and Company (Firm : Fallon, Nev.) 1
- Harden, Esley D. 1
- Harrison, Weldon J. 1
- Hellman, Raymond M. 1
- Lake Mansion (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Leon, Ben 1
- Lewis, Walter O. 1
- Lincoln Hall (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Mackay School of Mines 1
- Mapes Hotel (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Mount Rose School (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada State Capitol (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Nevada State Historic Preservation Office 1
- Nevada. State Board of Architecture 1
- Nevada. State Planning Board 1
- Oxoby, Robert M. 1
- Pearson, James Wesley 1
- Piper's Opera House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Schadler, F. M. 1
- Shaver, E. 1
- Slocombe, F. Harvey 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of Nevada 1
- University of Nevada System 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Facilities Services 1
- University of Nevada--Buildings--Designs and plans 1 ∧ less