Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
The Art Department Film Collection consists of two 7" reel-to-reel films from 1970.
Collection consists of flyers and brochures announcing exhibits at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, undated-1989, and Art Department bulletins and newsletters, 1963-1990. Newsletters include: Art Forum, 1963-1967; Contact, 1967-1977; News from the Art Club, 1981-1983; and Preview, 1976-1990. Among the exhibit items is a description of the inaugural exhibition in the Church Fine Arts Building, with a foreword by J. Craig Sheppard, artist and Chair of the Department of Art.
The Department of Art's Gallery South, located in the Jot Travis Building, opened in the Fall of 2012. It is used to display student work. The Gallery South records consist of marketing material for exhibits.
Founded in 1921 by watercolor students of Lorenzo Latimer, the Latimer Art Club was the first art club in the state of Nevada. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of fine arts in Nevada. The ollection consists of club history materials, information on Lorenzo Latimer, and minutes and yearly records from 1921-2006.
Walter McNamara (1939- ) is an artist who specializes in found material sculpture and collage. His art has been exhibited across the United States, especially in Nevada. This collection consists of announcements for his exhibitions held from 1968 to 2009 in the form of flyers and posters, a Nevada Museum of Art show catalog (1994) as well as other information regarding awards and projects with which he has been involved.
The Nevada Art Gallery was an art museum in Reno, Nevada; incorporated in 1931, the museum is now known as the Sierra Nevada Museum of Art. Collection includes correspondence, financial statements, bylaws, newsletters, list of board members, membership and committee lists, annual reports, and staff reports.
The Public Occasions Board records consist of correspondence, minutes, and Performing Artist Series announcements and programs for internationally known musicians, dance companies, and dramatic performances. The collection includes programs, announcements, and flyers for various programs, the book for the 1968 Sculpture Invitational exhibit for the University’s Second Annual Arts Festival Week and the Survey of Cultural Activities in Reno-Sparks conducted by the Board in 1966.
- Subject: Art -- Nevada -- Reno X
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 11
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 13
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 4
- Artists -- Nevada 3
- Dance -- Nevada 3
- Music -- Nevada -- Reno 3
- Theater -- Nevada -- Reno 3
- Exhibitions -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Art -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- Art -- Nevada -- 21st century 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno -- Societies, etc. 1
- Art, Basque -- Nevada 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 21st century 1
- College students -- Nevada 1
- Entertainers -- Nevada 1
- Fairs -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Opera companies -- Nevada 1
- School mascots -- Nevada 1
- Sculpture -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Mascots 1
- Wolves Frolic, Reno, Nev., 1918-1938 1
- Women's studies -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Art 5
- University of Nevada, Reno. School of the Arts 4
- Sheppard Fine Art Gallery 3
- McCormick, James C. (James Calvin), 1936- 2
- Sheppard, Craig, 1913-1978 2
- Basterretxea Arzadun, Nestor, 1924-2014 1
- Latimer Art Club 1
- Latimer, Lorenzo Palmer, 1857-1941 1
- McNamara, Walter, 1939- 1
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno) 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.)--History 1
- Performing Arts Committee 1
- Public Occasions Board 1
- Rosenberg, Howard 1
- Sheppard Contemporary 1
- Sheppard, Yolande Jacobson, 1921-1998 1
- Sierra Nevada Museum of Art 1
- Sullivan, Arthur, 1842-1900 1
- University of Nevada 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Center for Basque Studies 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Music 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Theatre and Dance 1 ∧ less