Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Anthony Shafton (1937- ) is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author whose correspondence with Robert Cole Caples (1908-1979) began in 1964 until Caples' death. Shafton began saving the letters in 1977. Caples was a largely self-trained artist most well known for his portraits of Reno divorcees and his Indian portraits drawn during the Depression under the Federal Arts Project. Also included are other documents and letters from Rosemary Caples and Carl Heinze.
Anthony Shafton is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author of five books, including The Nevada They Knew. Collection contains research and publication materials for Shafton's book, The Nevada They Knew.
Richard Guy Walton (1914-2005) was an American artist and author who lived and worked for most of his life in northern Nevada. The collection contains unpublished manuscripts written by Walton from the 1960s-1980s.
- Personal correspondence 2
- Artists and community -- Nevada 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century 1
- Authors, American -- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Exhibitions -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Facsimiles 1
- Fiction 1
- Nevada -- Exhibitions 1
- Posters 1
- Prints 1 ∧ less
- Caples, Robert Cole 2
- Shafton, Anthony 2
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg, 1909-1971 1
- Dial Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Hulse, James W. 1