Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
The Bank of Gold hill was incorporated in April 1879 in Gold Hill, Nevada. The collection contains organizational records including articles of incorporation, bylaws, meeting minutes, notes on case laws related to banking, and lists of stockholders.
The Bullion and Exchange Bank of Carson City, Nevada was established in 1875 as the Carson City Savings Bank. THe collection includes two volumes of manuscript drafts written by the Bullion and Exchange Bank on the Anglo-California Bank of San Francisco, one volume of daily statements, one ledger, and 7 folders of invoices and correspondence dating from 1877-1931.
The Carson City Savings Bank was founded in 1875. The bank donated materials including a stock ledger, a savings deposit letter, and assessment receipts for mines in Virginia City, Nevada. Materials between 1877-1882.
Cancelled check on the First National Bank of Nevada in Austin. The collection contains material from 1866 created by John McBroom.
D. A. Bender and Company was a firm of bankers and brokers operating in Reno, Nevada. Contains checks issued on the company's checks and receipt for money received from the firm from 1871-1875.
Duncan and Company was a trading company from Austin, Nevada. Included are receipts for goods purchased by the company and a letter from John Duncan to William (Bill) Duncan discussing horse trading and the possibility of Howard and Sanchez starting a bank in Austin, Nevada. Dates range from 1864-1866.
The Farmers Bank of Carson Valley was established in Minden, Nevada in the 20th century. These correspondence files are an incomplete selection of letters received by the bank from its customers and other banks concerning financial transactions. Material between 1909-1925.
Typescript biography of Walter J. Harris, native Nevadan, banker and member of the Freemasons; and a history of Everett's parents, his wife Grace Barnes Harris, and her family in Nevada.,Includes photos and a history of Dayton, Nevada by Fanny Gore Hazelet.
The John S. Cook and Company was a bank in Rhyolite and Goldfield, Nevada. The collection contains daily personal accounts of depositors include name of customer, dates and amounts of checks written and deposits, and balances from 1906-1908. Also includes protest notices for checks cashed at the bank.
The Joint Committee on the Investigation of the Closed Banks was a Nevada committee formed to investigate the failure and closing of banks in 1932, particularly those controlled by George Wingfield. The collection contains testimonies, including statements by Acting Governor Morley Griswold and accounting statements from various firms affected by the bank closings.
- Subject: Banks and banking -- Nevada X
- Banks and banking -- Nevada 10
- Austin (Nev.) 2
- Banks and banking -- Nevada -- Austin 1
- Banks and banking -- Nevada -- Carson City 1
- Banks and banking -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1
- Banks and banking -- Nevada -- Minden 1
- Banks and banking -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Berlin (Nev.) 1
- Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park (Nev.) 1
- Dayton (Nev.) 1
- Elko County (Nev.) 1
- Eureka (Nev.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Nevada 1
- Gold Hill (Nev.) 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) -- History 1
- Governors -- Nevada 1
- Horse trading -- Nevada 1
- Inyo County (Calif.) 1
- Ione (Nev.) 1
- Lovelock (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Mono County (Calif.) 1
- Railroads -- Nevada 1
- Silver City (Nev.) 1
- White Pine County (Nev.) 1
- Winnemucca (Nev.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography 1
- Yerington (Nev.) 1 ∧ less
- Bullion and Exchange Bank (Carson City, Nev.) 2
- Austin Mining Company (Nev.) 1
- Bank of Gold Hill 1
- Carson City Savings Bank (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- D.A. Bender & Company 1
- Downeyville Mining Company 1
- Duncan and Company 1
- Duncan, John M. (Merchant) 1
- Duncan, William H. 1
- Farmers Bank of Carson Valley, Inc. (Nev.) 1
- Goldfield Blue Bell Mining Company 1
- Gorham, Harry M. (Harry Motson) 1
- Griswold, Morley 1
- Harris, Everett W. 1
- Harris, Grace Barnes, 1871-1934 1
- Harris, Walter James, 1863-1948 1
- Hazelet, Fanny Gore 1
- John S. Cook & Company Bank 1
- Manhattan Mining and Reduction Company 1
- McBroom, John (Resident of Nev.) 1
- McCarran, Pat, 1876-1954 1
- Merchant's Ice and Cold Storage Company 1
- Murray, W. D. (Billy) 1
- Nevada Bank of Commerce 1
- Nevada Central Motor Lines 1
- Nevada Central Railroad 1
- Nevada Company 1
- Nevada. Legislature. Joint Committee on the Investigation of the Closed Banks 1
- Oddie, Tasker L. (Tasker Lowndes), 1870-1950 1
- Pless Dredging and Reclamation Company 1
- Reno Masonic Temple Association, Inc 1
- State Bank and Trust Company. Goldfield Branch 1
- State Bank of Nevada 1
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 1
- Stokes, Isaac N. Phelps 1
- Stokes, James Graham Phelps, 1872-1960 1
- Wingfield, George, 1876-1959 1 ∧ less