Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Harold's Club was founded by Harold Smith in 1935 and was best known for its nationwide advertising campaign "Harold's Club or Bust." Collection contains ephemera relating to the casino from 1963 to 1985.
Hello Hollywood, Hello! was a stage spectacular created by Donn Arden and performed on the MGM Grand Stage in Reno, Nevada from June 1978 to April 1989. The show was billed as "The Biggest Show in the World on the Biggest Stage in the World in the Biggest Little City in the World." Collection contains scores and sheet music from the show, photographs of the band, and two programs.
Dwayne Kling was a Reno, Nevada casino dealer, pit boss, and casino general manager. Interviews by Dwayne Kling and Patti Mooney of Reno and Sparks, Nevada, casino workers from the 1940s-1960s include Joe Snyder, Betty Hoover, Billie Martinez Hallum, Joe Merhar, Reva Jolly, and Dwayne Kling. These individuals were "21" and dice dealers; one, Kling, was also a pit boss and a casino general manager (1986-1987).
- Subject: Casinos -- Nevada -- Reno -- History X
- Casinos -- History -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Casinos -- Interviews -- Employees -- Nevada 1
- Gambling -- Nevada -- History -- 20th century 1
- Gambling -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Keno 1
- Music -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Programs (Publications) 1
- Revues -- Nevada 1
- Scores 1 ∧ less
- Arden, Donn, 1917-1994 1
- Hallum, Billie Martinez 1
- Harold's Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Hoover, Betty Andrews 1
- Jolly, Reva 1