Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: AC 0239
Abstract This collections contains records of the Agricultural Experiment Station and agricultural issues. The majority of the collection is Experiment Station material. Included are annual reports, 1925-1949, and discontinued projects, 1953 - 1966. These records document the progress and results of various projects, the results of the research, and publication.
Identifier: AC 0545
Abstract The University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Cattlemen's Update Records consist of brochures, correspondence, newspaper clippings, press releases, public service announcements, and the program for Cattlemen's Update 2001: Putting Progress into Practice.
Abstract Includes legal materials, correspondence, property records, account ledgers, minutes, bylaws, financial documents, reports and stock certificates for businesses owned or managed by Dressler.
Abstract Sections of a major report for the cooperating agencies of the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Farm Credit Administration, and the Agricultural Experimental Service of the University of Nevada.
Overview Letter written Q. R. Nistington regarding moving 590 head of cattle from Murphy's Station, Nevada through the Humboldt Sink to Ragtown, Nevada in November 1876.
Abstract Includes deeds and purchase agreements for extensive amounts of cattle and land by Kirman in Humboldt, Douglas, and White Pine counties, Nevada; and tax assessments on portions of Kirman's holdings.
Abstract Research notes and articles about the history of northeastern Nevada: Elko, physicians, cattle and cattle ranching, women, Ruby Valley, Lamoille, Mountain City, Jarbidge, early settlers, and native Americans.,Other authors include Lulu Bowman and Charles B. Russell.
Overview John Sparks was a native of Mississippi that made his fortune in the cattle business and banking in Texas and Wyoming Territory after the Civil War. He married Nancy Elnora Knight in 1880 and moved to Elko County, Nevada where he continued cattle ranching operations. In 1902, Sparks became the 10th governor of Nevada, but passed away while in office during his second term in May 1908. Sparks was survived by his wife and four children: Maud Sparks McKenzie, Benton Hackett Sparks, Charles M....
- Subject: Cattle -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 6
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- Agee, A. H. 1
- American National Red Cross. Carson City Chapter (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Bowman, Lulu 1
- Boy Scouts of America. Troop no. 1 (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Brennen, C. A., 1894- 1
- Callahan, G. H. 1
- Clawson, Marion 1
- Cohn, Isador 1
- Davis, Jackson Lee 1
- Dressler, Fred 1
- Dressler, William F. 1
- Edwards, Paul 1
- Good, Alice M. 1
- Guernsey, John E. 1
- Hardman, George 1
- Headley, F. B. 1
- Hockmuth, J. R. 1
- Holmgren, Arthur H. 1
- Johnson, Tyr V. 1
- King, Thomas R. 1
- Kirman, Richard 1
- Malone, George W. (George Wilson) 1
- Martineau, Bryant 1
- Mason, Howard G. 1
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Nevada Cattleman's Association 1
- Nevada. State Planning Board 1
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 1
- O'Banion, John W. 1
- Patterson, Edna B. 1
- Phinney, T. Dean 1
- Plymouth Land and Stock Company 1
- Quate, Graham 1
- Russell, Charles B. 1
- Simpson, George S. 1
- Smith Valley Creamery 1
- Sparks Family 1
- Sparks, John 1
- Sparks, John P. 1
- Torell, Rodney 1
- United States. Works Progress Administration 1
- University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 1
- Vawter, Lyman R. 1
- Venstrom, Cruz 1
- Walker River Irrigation District (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- West Walker Ditch Company 1
- Western Cattle Marketing Association 1
- Young, F. O. 1
- Youngs, F. O. (Francis Ogden) 1
- Yparraguirre Brothers (Firm) 1 ∧ less