Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This report includes an historical sketch of the Comstock Lode at Virginia City, Nevada; production history of the Consolidated Virginia Mine; geology; previous exploration; and opportunities for exploration. Created by graduate engineer student, Robert Eli Kendall, between 1950-1952; 1968.
Letter from Lightner in Virginia City to W. H. Duncan in Austin, Nevada, discussing a job offer in Mexico and his conditions for accepting employment in the Reese River Mining District near Austin. The collection contains material from June 12, 1865 created by C. W. Lightner.
The first discovery of precious minerals in the Comstock Mining District, Virginia City, Nevada, was made on what was to become the Ophir Silver Mining claim. Collection contains daily, weekly, and annual reports, 1879-1920; letters, 1874-1913; payroll, 1879-1884; cash books, 1882-1911 abstract of title of the company's real estate and miscellaneous other business records, 1878-1906.
- North End Mines (Nev.) 2
- Account books 1
- Annual reports 1
- Bawdy songs 1
- Burning Moscow Mine (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Manuscript maps 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- California Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 2
- Consolidated Virginia Mining Company 2
- Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company 2
- Duncan, William H. 1
- Kendall, Robert Eli, 1923- 1