Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5

Consolidated Virginia Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC99
Abstract The Consolidated Virginia Mining Company (Con Virginia) in Virginia City, Nevada, was once the richest source of ore in the Comstock Lode. Mine operation records including reports, assay reports, ore and bullion statements, mill records, annual reports, bylaws, equipment specification books, legal records, resolutions, and account registers. Also included are records of the adjacent California Mining Company, the Consolidated California and Virginia Mining Company, and the C & C Shaft...

Gould & Curry Silver Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC78
Abstract Gould and Curry Silver Mining Company was part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, Nevada, located in 1859, incorporated and in operation in 1860. Collection is chiefly letterpress books of weekly reports to the company officers in San Francisco from mine superintendents Louis Janin, Isaac Requa, James G. Fair, F. G. Osbiston, and Darin Bowie (1865-1885).,Also included are reports of operations (June 1888 to July 1889); a payroll list (February 1912); an agreement for consolidation of...

History of the Comstock Lode

 Collection
Identifier: NC229
Abstract Included are research notes, correspondence, production tables, and clippings either about Smith's Comstock book or used by Smith to write his book.,Subjects researched include John W. Mackay, James G. Fair, business as well as technical aspects of mining in the Comstock Lode, details about individual mines, lists of production figures for the mines, data on the cost of production figures for the mines, data on the cost of living, and information on wood and water companies; typescripts of...

Mackay, Fair and Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC95
Overview Mackay, Fair and Company was one of the largest silver producing companies in the Comstock Lode, Nevada, owned by John W. Mackay and James G. Fair. Collection contains letterpress copybooks of outgoing correspondence and one volume of quicksilver cash receipts and disbursements, from 1871-1887.

Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC80
Abstract The Pacific Mill and Mining Company was incorporated in August 1877 with W. S. O’Brien, J. G. Flood, James G. Fair, John Mackay, and Edward Barron as trustees. The company owned a number of other mills in the Comstock area including the Bacon Mill, Brunswick Mill, California Mill, California Pan Mill, Consolidated Mill, Mariposa Mill, Morgan Mill, Occidental Mill, Omega Mill, Rhode Island Mill, Trench Mill, and the Woodworth Mill/Ditch. Collection contains items from the many subsidiary...

Filtered By

  • Subject: Comstock Lode (Nev.) X
  • Names: Fair, James Graham X

Filter Results