Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Aroet Lucius Hale, born on May 18, 1828, was an extremely active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and an early emigrant to Utah Territory. Hale died on December 13, 1911 in Grantsville, Utah. Collection contains two journals by Aroet Lucius Hale transcribed by Kathlyn Cranney Mayes Stubblefield in 1990 describing the life of Hale and his emigration from Dover, New Hampshire to Grantsville, Utah.
Andrew “Jack” Dieringer (1925-2020) graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1948 with a degree in biology. He began working for the Nevada Fish and Game Commission directly out of college and continued there until his retirement in 1983. Collection includes daily diaries kept by Dieringer from February 1951 to his retirement in 1983 and record his daily work activities, meetings, and trips to the field.
Manuscript diaries of life in California and at the Sierra Nevada Mountain's summer home.
C. C. Goodwin was a writer, politician, and journalist. He lived in Nevada from 1860-1880, and was associated with the Virginia City newspaper, the Territorial Enterprise. Collection contains one journal of unpublished writings on historical events and people in which Goodwin was interested.
Mabel Lockett traveled by wagon in 1902 with her parents and brother Tommy from Chadron, Nebraska, through Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah to Flagstaff and Phoenix, Arizona. Contains typescript daily diary of Mabel Lockett's family's trip. Mabel recounts activities in Nebraska before starting the trip, events along the trail, and life in Flagstaff and Phoenix. Unlike earlier journeys the family was able to travel from one town to another. Dates range from May 11 - December 31, 1902
Robert C. Miller (1915-2004) was an American journalist who attended the University of Nevada, Reno from 1935-1938. The collection includes copies of Miller's handwritten diaries and transcriptions detailing his years at the University of Nevada, January 1935 through graduation in May 1938.
Alphratta Blanche Preston (1886-1977) was a French teacher and operated boarding houses in Reno, Nevada. The collection, dating from 1901-1973, consists of Preston's diaries, correspondence with family members, personal papers, financial documents and ephemera.
John Gilbertson was a teacher for Washoe County School District in Nevada from 1977-2009, retiring from Reno High School. He taught at Nixon High School (Nixon, Nevada) for one year from 1979-1980. This collection contains Gilbertson's transcribed teaching journal from the year spent at Nixon.
Samuel Bradford Doten (1875-1955) was born in Gold Hill, Nevada to Alfred and Mary Stoddard Doten. Doten taught at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1900 until his retirement in 1946 and served as the director of the Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station. He was an avid fisherman and kept a fishing journal from 1906-1951. Collection contains his journal and a small amount of additional materials, including correspondence and photographs, found in the journals.
The University of Nevada conducted its first Summer School in 1912. The students, all teachers, began a diary describing their experiences, including extracurricular activities in Reno, Virginia City, and at Lake Tahoe. The diary was continued by the Summer School students of 1913 and 1914.
- Subject: Diaries X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 10
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- Diaries 9
- American diaries 1
- Arizona -- Description and travel 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- History 1
- Continuing education -- Nevada 1
- Education -- Nevada 1
- Education, Secondary -- Nevada 1
- Emigration and immigration -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Fisheries -- Nevada 1
- Fishing -- Nevada -- Washoe County 1
- Fishing -- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Foreign correspondents -- Diaries 1
- Gold mines and mining -- California -- History 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mormons -- Diaries 1
- Nebraska -- Description and travel 1
- Outdoor recreation -- Nevada 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Photographs 1
- Prospecting -- Nevada -- Anecdotes 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Diaries 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Transcriptions 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Utah -- Description and travel 1
- Utah -- Emigration and immigration 1
- War correspondents -- Diaries 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women pioneers -- West (U.S.) -- Diaries 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 1
- Wyoming -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Brunswick Mining Company 1
- Chrisman family 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Dieringer, Andrew Jack 1
- Doten, Samuel B. (Samuel Bradford), 1875-1955 1
- Freeman, Josephine, 1844-1936 1
- Gilbertson, John 1
- Goodwin, C. C. (Charles Carroll) 1
- Hale, Aroet Lucious 1
- Lockett family 1
- Lockett, Mabel 1
- Miller, Robert C. 1
- Nevada. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Nixon High School (Nixon, Nev.) 1
- Order of Eastern Star (Nev.) 1
- Preston, Albert W. 1
- Preston, Alphratta Blanche, 1886-1977 1
- Preston, Clovis, 1911-1925 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Stubblefield, Kathlyn 1
- Trimmer, Bonnie 1
- University of Nevada 1
- University of Nevada. College of Education. Summer Session 1
- Van Etten, Watson 1
- Yerington, Henry M. 1
- Yerington, J. A. (James Albert), 1864-1929 1 ∧ less