Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5

Brown School History, 1877-1989

 Collection
Identifier: NC1307
Abstract

Brown School was originally constructed in 1877 on land donated by the rancher Peleg Brown 11 miles south of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains an unpublished, bound history of Brown School from 1879-1989 compiled by Mary Wood Johnson.

Dates: 1989

Charles Greenhaw Papers

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0647
Abstract Charles Greenhaw was a graduate student at the University of Nevada, Reno, in the late 1960s. He was an assistant professor of English in Arkansas, an English instructor at Elko Community College in 1970, and commuted to Owyhee to teach English to Native Americans. He was affiliated with the Elko community college until 1991. The collection consists of Greenhaw's unpublished manuscript about the history of community colleges in Nevada called People's...
Dates: circa 1996

Nevada Adult Education Association Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC650
Abstract

Includes constitution, statement of purpose, membership application, membership list, and newsletter. The collection contains material from 1962 created by the Nevada Adult Education Association.

Dates: 1962

University of Nevada, Nevada Technical Institute Records

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0009
Abstract In 1964, General University Extension developed a technical program offering two year associate degrees in several occupational fields. In 1965, Stead Air Force Base, located north of Reno, was closed. The University, wishing to acquire parts of the facility for University and community use, successfully proposed using the Stead facilities for establishing the Nevada Technical Institute (NTI). By 1971, though, other Nevada colleges had absorbed these programs, and the scope of General...
Dates: 1965-1966

Parent-Teacher Association of Reno, Nevada Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC124
Abstract The Parent-Teacher Association of Reno, Nevada was a group of parents and teachers organized to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, church, and community. The Southside P.T.A. was established in 1912 as the Southside Mothers' Club. Collection contains records, primarily of the Southside P.T.A., include minutes, bylaws, financial reports, material from the "Last Ditch" campaign to cover or fence open canals in Reno, materials from the Nevada Governor's Committee on the...
Dates: 1917-1965

Filtered By

  • Subject: Education -- Nevada -- Reno X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Repository
University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
 
Subject
Adult education -- Nevada -- Reno 2
Education -- Nevada -- Reno 2
Adult education -- Administration 1
Adult education and state 1
Air bases -- Nevada 1