Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection consists of flyers and brochures announcing exhibits at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, undated-1989, and Art Department bulletins and newsletters, 1963-1990. Newsletters include: Art Forum, 1963-1967; Contact, 1967-1977; News from the Art Club, 1981-1983; and Preview, 1976-1990. Among the exhibit items is a description of the inaugural exhibition in the Church Fine Arts Building, with a foreword by J. Craig Sheppard, artist and Chair of the Department of Art.
Walter McNamara (1939- ) is an artist who specializes in found material sculpture and collage. His art has been exhibited across the United States, especially in Nevada. This collection consists of announcements for his exhibitions held from 1968 to 2009 in the form of flyers and posters, a Nevada Museum of Art show catalog (1994) as well as other information regarding awards and projects with which he has been involved.
Included is a pamphlet directed at the Nevada state legislature, asking that the state erect an exhibition building; a blank concessionaires' application; and an envelope with a large sticker/motto: "You'll like Nevada 'Meet me in Reno in 1926'."
- Subject: Exhibitions -- Nevada -- Reno X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 3
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Artists and community -- Nevada 1
- Authors -- Nevada 1
- McCormick, James C. (James Calvin), 1936- 2
- Sheppard Fine Art Gallery 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Art 2
- Dial Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- McNamara, Walter 1