Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Nevada branch of the American Civil Liberties Union was organized in 1966 although there were individuals in the state who were active in the national organization during the 1920s and 1930s. Included are minutes of the northern Nevada chapter, southern Nevada chapter, and state board meetings; administrative and issues correspondence; bylaws; organizational history; membership statistics; complaints and litigation files; subject files; and newspaper clippings.
Martin Koehler was a member of the Metropolitan Community Church of the Sierra and a northern Nevada gay rights activist. The collection contains posters, newspaper clippings, meeting minutes, and brochures regarding the Church as well as other gay rights activities in which Koehler participated.
The Northern Nevada Chapter (NNC) of the National Organization for Women (NOW) was organized at a meeting of forty women in Reno in September, 1973, by Patricia Lynch and Cheryl Jean Yee. Included are bylaws, minutes, newsletters, news releases, program flyers, correspondence, and subject files.,Subject file topics include abortion, the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, lesbian rights, reproductive rights, and sexual harassment. Material between 1973-1983.
Gay and lesbian organization, includes bylaws, minutes, clippings, membership information.
- Subject: Gay rights -- Nevada X
- Gay community -- Nevada -- History 2
- Abortion 1
- Abortion -- Nevada 1
- Alternatives to imprisonment -- Nevada. 1
- Civil rights -- Nevada 1
- Contraception -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Equal rights amendments 1
- Equal rights amendments -- Nevada 1
- Gays -- Nevada -- History 1
- Prisons -- Nevada 1
- Sexual harassment -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada 1
- Equal Rights Amendment Project 1
- Koehler, Martin 1
- National Organization for Women. Northern Nevada Chapter 1
- Spectrum, Northern Nevada 1
- University of Nevada System 1 ∧ less