Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Information packet distributed to guests at the mine's dedication includes history of the mine, details of the cyanide process for extracting gold, newspaper article, annual reports for Newmont, press releases, itinerary, and photos.
Deep Mines Operation, a mining company owned by Newmont Mining Corporation, was established in Goldfield, Nevada in the 1940s. Collection contains purchase orders, assays, employee withholding statements, a mechanical brochure, and accident reports and mine safety meeting minutes from 1947-1950.
Materials related to the purchase, development, and operation by Fisher of the Bootstrap Mine in Elko County, Nevada, and its eventual sale to Newmont Mining Corporation. The collection contains material from 1955-1973 created by Marion S. Fisher.
The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 3
- Bootstrap Mine (Carlin, Nev.) 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Esmeralda County 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) 1
- Goldfield Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Esmeralda County 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1
- Video recordings -- VHS 1 ∧ less
- Carlin Gold Mining Company 1
- Crowley, Joseph N., 1933-2017 1
- Deep Mines Operation 1
- Fisher, Marion S., 1904- 1
- Hawkins, Robert M. 1