Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview Thomas Arthur "Tom" Cooke was a prominent and well-respected lawyor in Reno. He married Martha Patricia "Patty" Herz, while in college at the University of Nevada in the early 1940s. The Cooke family was involved in a variety of environmental, recreational, and historic preservation projects and initiatives that sought to improve northern Nevada. Materials cover some aspects of the lives and careers of members of the Cooke and Herz families. Topics include Democratic politics in Nevada, Washoe...
Abstract Field notes and photographs of historic structures in Sparks, Nevada, compiled for a class in historic preservation at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Abstract Materials collected by Brodhead while on the Review Committee include Nevada nominations for the National Register of Historic Places Inventory, Nevada state historic preservation plans, news releases and newsletters of the Nevada State Park System, correspondence, and printed material about the National Register.
Abstract Comprehensive state-wide plan for historic preservation of cultural resources includes the following sub-units: land usage; transportation and communication; commerce and industry; government and politics; the people; social organizations and movements; and literature, arts and journalism.
Abstract Included are minutes, reports, and financial statements of the State Advisory Board; correspondence from the Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer; economic development plan for Mineral County, Nevada; and the following reports: "Neon in Nevada," "An architectural and historical survey of downtown McGill, White Pine County, Nevada," and "Historic resources of central Las Vegas."
Abstract Parsons' architectural drawings include those for residences, schools, churches, the Nevada State Hospital, and Fire stations. Drawings for the following historic restoration projects are also included: Lake Mansion, Reno Bower's Mansion, Washoe Valley Driggs House and Piper's Opera House, Virginia City Berlin Mill, Berlin, Nevada Nevada State Capitol building, Carson City Douglas County Court House and Morrill Hall, University of Nevada, Reno.
Abstract Records of Nevada Heritage and its predecessor, Washoe Heritage Council, includes minutes, text of grant proposals for funding a preservation handbook and workshops, draft preservation legislation, articles of incorporation, correspondence, membership roster, and newsletters.
- Subject: Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada X
- Nevada. Division of Historic Preservation and Archeology 2
- Berlin Mill (Berlin, Nev.) 1
- Bernstein, Richard A. 1
- Bowers Mansion (Washoe Valley, Nev.) 1
- Brodhead, Michael J. 1
- Cook family 1
- Cooke, Patricia Herz 1
- Cooke, Thomas A. 1
- Democratic Party (Nev.) 1
- Douglas County. Court House (Nev.) 1
- Driggs House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Harry's Business Machines, Inc 1
- Hulse, James W. 1
- James, Ronald M. (Ronald Michael), 1955- 1
- Kosso, Lenore M. (Lenore Marie) 1
- Lake Mansion (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Morrill Hall (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada Heritage 1
- Nevada State Capitol (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Nevada. Historic Preservation Review Committee 1
- Nevada. State Advisory Board for Historic Preservation and Archeology 1
- New Hope Covenant Church (Sparks, Nev.) 1
- Parsons, Edward S. 1
- Piper's Opera House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Reno/Sparks YWCA (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Sawyer, Grant 1
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Sparks Guest House 1
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency 1
- Washoe County (Nev).. Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Washoe Heritage Council 1 ∧ less